Chapter 1.

When it was first brought to Brooklyn's attention that she was invited to her brother, Doug's, bachelor party, she was obviously confused.

She and Doug have always been close, but it felt kinda strange being invited to his bachelor party, being as she was, obviously, the only female out of the 5.

"You sure?" She asked, cleaning up her plate and utensils from dinner and carrying them over to the sink. "I mean, I know we've always been close and I appreciate the offer, but do you seriously want your baby sister crashing your bachelor party?"

"Of course I want you to come, Brooks," Doug answered, also setting his plate and utensils in the sink. "You may be my sister but you're also my best friend," he chuckled, gently shaking her shoulder. She chuckled as well.

"I don't know about that, Phil seems to carry that title with pride," she said, and now that she said his name, her head was filled with all thoughts Phil.

Brooklyn has known Phil Wenneck from the time she was 5, him and Doug and eventually Stu having made instant best friends in the first grade when they were 7 years old.

He practically lived at their house.

She and Phil have always gotten along well, being quite similar with just wanting to have fun with their laid back attitudes. They were quickly dubbed as 'The Terror Twins' in high school because they were so similar.

Obviously, she only thought of him as her brother's best friend, and eventually progressing to become best friends with him over time, but as Brooklyn grew older to her teen years, she began to feel differently about Phil.

Puberty was doing its job a little too good for him because he started looking hot. I mean, like, REALLY hot. Like, molten lava being dumped over your head while you laid naked on the blazing sun hot.

Obviously she never told him how she felt about him, not wanting to destroy not only her friendship with him but also his friendship with Doug.

But what she didn't know was he thought the exact same of her. Every time he and her were alone in a room together, his head was full of her.

Ever since he knew what feelings and love meant was when he started feeling the same.

The constant feeling of needing to protect her from everything. Be around her all the time.

Phil practically assigned himself as her bodyguard, vowing to himself when he was 16 that he wouldn't let anything happen to her if Doug wasn't around.

It got to the point where he didn't even try to hide it around people anymore.

He still kept up his friendly attitude towards Brooklyn, trying his best to hide his feelings, but occasionally letting some of his flirtiness dance over the line.

He would admit, it hurt like hell that he didn't have the balls to tell her how he felt when they were younger. But that would change this trip.

"Brooks?" Doug asked, snapping his fingers in front of her face to bring her back to reality.

"Huh?" She questioned, shaking her head slightly. "Sorry, didn't mean to zone out."

"Don't worry," Doug replied with another shoulder shake. "But yes, I do want my baby sister to come with us for my bachelor party. Tracy thinks you should come too, get you out of the house for once," he chuckled. "She's the one who actually convinced me that you should come. And maybe you could get the chance and bust someone."

"I highly doubt I'll have any authority in Vegas since I'm not a cop there. But alright," Brooklyn agreed. "When are we doing it?"

"I'd say in the next week," Doug answered, mentally plotting the date for the party. "Maybe a few days before the wedding."