Chapter 11.

Now in the Mercedes, Phil was driving, Stu in the passenger seat, and Brooklyn and Alan in the back, they began looking for clues to give them any indication of what could have happened the night before.

"Anything?" Phil asked as he checked his sunshade.

"Uh, I got a cigar," Stu answered, holding up the charred stub.

"Oh, I found uh—some black shoes," Alan said from the back, inspecting a small leather boot with a slight heel.

"They women's shoes?" Phil asked, looking in the rear view mirror.

"I don't know," Alan answered, glancing at Brooklyn. "These yours?"

Brooklyn took the shoe then shook her head. "No, too small to be mine," she answered, looking at what size the shoe was on the inside of it. "It's a women's 7.5, I'm an 8."

"Can I see?" Stu asked, Brooklyn handing him the shoe afterwards.

"Whose are those?" Phil asked, Stu and Brooklyn both shrugged.

"I don't know, it's a men's size 6," Stu answered, also checking the sizing chart inside the shoe. "And like Brooks said, a women's size 7.5."

"That's weird."

"What is this? A snakeskin?" Alan asked, pulling Brooklyn's attention away from inspecting the car.

She could barely register what Alan was holding before Alan chucked it at Stu, realizing it wasn't a snakeskin, but a condom.

And used condom.

"Oh, come on—EWW!!" Stu shouted immediately as the condom landed in his lap.

"That's a used condom, Alan!" Phil shouted, eyes flickering between Stu and the road.

"Oh, god! Blegh!" Stu groaned in disgust, quickly throwing the condom back, Brooklyn dodging it instantly as she tried backing herself up as far as she could from the condom that landed back on Alan's leg.

"Get it out of the car!" Phil shouted, trying to stay vented on the road.

"Gross, it's wet!"

"I don't want the thing!" Alan said, tossing the used contraceptive back into the front of the car, only for it to land on Phil's shoulder.

"Hey! Come on!" He shouted, keeping his head turned away from it as he started swerving the car back and forth. Thankfully no one was behind them.

Quickly rolling his window down, Phil finally got rid of the condom by tossing it out the window as he pulled over in an empty lot of dirt. It was obvious Phil was pissed off at everything the occurred in the last minute.

"Alright, what the fuck, man?! We gotta get this shit together, guys!"

Brooklyn remained quiet, trying to catch her breath. Then, suddenly, they all heard a pounding coming from behind them.

"What was that?" Alan asked, looking around at his cohorts with confusion.

The thudding continued, Brooklyn looking at the back of the car. "It's coming from the trunk..."

It was when Stu looked back that he made the connection. "Doug's in the trunk!"

"Oh, fuck! Holy shit!" Phil shouted, fumbling with the keys to pull it out of the ignition and launching himself out of the car, Brooklyn and Stu in tow while Alan followed behind them.

"Open it! Open it! Open it! Open it!" Stu and Brooklyn repeatedly shouted while Phil tried to find the right key.

"Okay! Okay! Okay!"