viii. scenic view

Y/N

Y/N

For the past two days I have been staying indoors. My meals consisted of instant ramen and cold water and I find myself having no urge to sleep at night. I locked myself in my room, under the safety of my own blankets. Thoughts circling my mind as I tried to make sense of what happened.

So many things, but I don't know where to start. The revelation that reviving a dead person is somehow possible... is still mind boggling to me.

And Luocha.... How exactly does he fit in all of this? How do I fit in all of this?

Every time I tried to think about it, my head hurts. The constant head ache prevented me from thinking too much into it, but yet I still chose to do so.

Time flies so fast when you're alone. Open, shut. Open, shut. Now it's monday. I'd usually put up with monday blues, but this time I so badly want to take another day off. I don't think I could focus on work even if I want to.

Combing my hair to look presentable, I then left my petite little home for work. Walking down the streets brought memories of what happened recently. The little spiel on the alleyway, the words exchanged, the threat... I shook my head, trying to throw away those memories far back into my mind.

My mind drifted into a world of its own that a call of my name didn't get me out of the stupor.

"Y/N!"

And once the voice is near enough do I then recognise who it was that called my name. Someone I've been dreading to see, someone who is somehow connected to the worrying thoughts in my head. Someone who may give me an answer...

"Luocha...?"

My gaze met his. A small smile was brought upon his face as he neared me. I, on the other hand, felt my hands shaking from dread. It seems as if he could tell something was up when his smile was replaced with a frown.

"Why the long look on your face?" He asked.

How should I answer that? Do I lie and say everything's fine? Do I tell him the truth and say somebody mentioned your name when they beat me up at the alleyway? Do I do a half truth half lie? I don't know what to say to him, I don't know what his reaction would even be....

... My eyes landed on the coffin behind him. He said something about letting go of the past... Does that past have something to do with me somehow?

"The... The coffin. you still have it," I commented, disregarding his question completely.

A look of surprise overcame his expressions for a mere second before returning normal. Somehow he was surprised that I took note of the coffin once more, despite already asking about it.

"Well... There are still things I have yet to accomplish," he replied, nonchalantly in fact.

Was he lying? I can't tell...

"Wait, you didn't even answer my question yet." he lets out a chuckle and extended his hand towards me. "Nevermind the question, I have somewhere to bring you. Would you like to join me?"

I glanced over his extended arm, thinking over what I should do. Something tells me I shouldn't be seen with him, but a part of me just loved being with him. Despite our short conversations, I enjoy being in his presence. He could be comforting....

"Well?"

Ah, my thoughts won me over. I placed my hand on his, shifting my gaze to his beautiful ember eyes. And so, he brought me to the bridge at the central starskiff haven; where people could see starskiffs zooming about the luofu. During the morning, it could be a really beautiful view; though the view right now is like any other bridges in the luofu, something about it just feels entrancing to look at.

"A scenic view don't you agree?" Luocha asked, his eyes wandering towards the blue sky.

"Mhm..." I hummed, looking at the same sky he was looking at. "... Though I must say, the view is more spectacular in the morning."

"Oh? I agree."

We both sat there in silence. As people and starskiffs come and go, we stayed there enjoying the view. A smile was brought upon my face; this is indeed relaxing. Nothing like a place to wind up at for a destress.

"You see... A friend once brought me here, to take a look at the scenic view," Luocha started, though his voice was loud and clear he also sounded... distant. Recalling old memories could be nostalgic, and he was giving just that vibe. Nostalgia... over his old memories. "I fell in love with this place immediately, and often come by if I need to take a breather."

"Your friend seems to have an eye for relaxing places," I commented. "Is this the same person who recommended oolong tea to you?"

"Ah, well... yes," he nodded. "She's all around a great person to be with."

"... You guys didn't see each other often nowadays?" I asked, which made his gaze falter to the ground. A distant smile was cast on his lips, his eyes seemed to be far away from reality.

"...No, not really," he answered. He then shifted his gaze towards me, the distant smile still present on his lips. "Who knows, maybe she's at the same place as me this time around... and I just never really noticed."

Intriguing. I want to know more about who this friend is; she seems like quite an important person to him.

I was about to ask him something when I spot something; or rather someone at the corner of my eye. Clad in black, with a few other men surrounding him. To my horror I instantly recognise who that was; the group of people back at the alleyway. They were heading towards the bridge, and they didn't seem to notice Luocha and I quite yet.

With a frantic gaze, I forced myself to cut the conversation short, much to my dismay.

"I...'m sorry. I forgot I left behind something important," I glanced at the group of men, then back to Luocha. He tilted his head, confused at the sudden rush I give off.

I could feel chills running up my spine, my feet begging me to run this instant. My brain sent me warnings on the last time I met this group of men, and the lingering threat.... It was still fresh in my mind. I couldn't forget it even if I wanted to so badly.

I sent a nervous smile towards Luocha and before he could say anything, I turned around and left in a hurry.

Leaving a confused Luocha behind.