xiii. like home

Y/N

Y/N

The first thing I woke up to is the sight of Hui sleeping right in front of me. He was curled into a ball and he was only a few inches away from me. The second thing I noticed is I am nowhere near home, I don't even think I was home. The third thing I noticed is the smell of garlic bread.

I remember passing out in the middle of the street, with Hui barking so worryingly over me. So how did I end up here? I sat up groggily, the headache was still there but it wasn't as painful as before; more like it was lingering at the back of my head.

My movement seems to wake the poor Hui, as he suddenly jumped from his position and gave me a nudge on the face. A single chuckle escaped my lips as I rubbed his back, happy to see him okay.

"You're awake."

A familiar voice could be heard behind me, and I turned around to see who it was. There behind me was the blonde man who I somehow kept getting involved with; Luocha.

Upon his appearance, Hui seems to be on high alert; his tail straight as he stared at Luocha for an indefinite amount of time. A low growl could be heard from Hui.

The blonde heaved out a sigh as he sat on his knees; pulling out his hand for the dog to sniff at. I was a but curious, wouldn't Hui know who he is? Or has it been so long since they both seen each other? That probably looks like it. Hui nudged Luocha's hand before turning away; boy just left unbothered.

"He's grown a lot," Luocha murmured, though I heard what he said. I didn't plan to comment anything about it, the story behind Hui's owner and Luocha is still a mystery in my mind; I still haven't figured out what exactly is going on. I just know there's research involved and somehow those bad dudes from before had involvement. "Apologies, I saw you unconscious on the ground and Hui couldn't stop dragging me to help you out."

He pointed on the dog's tag on his neck. "I found the name through that."

You don't have to lie. The urge to say that is strong, but I held back. Luocha doesn't know about the things I discovered, and I intend to let it stay that way. I have a feeling he wouldn't want to share any of it anyways.

"Sorry, I didn't think I'd end up burdening you like this," I apologized, feeling slightly embarrassed that it was him who help me out.

"Nonsense, I'll always help you out." The blonde gently shook his head, a soft smile went over his lips. He then stood up,gently reaching his hand over to me. "I prepared breakfast for you, just in case you woke up. Please, follow me if you will."

I glanced at him timidly before placing my hand on his. Now that I'm walking around, I could see the home wasn't really that big. Really fitting for one person to stay in. There's small flower decorations on top of drawers and tables, and I think I saw a small cactus when I walked into the kitchen. It was comfortable, oddly enough there was a sense of safety in this small home.

On the table, I immediately spot a a single stem of sunflower; most probably fake. Sunflowers are pretty huge, I saw people purchasing it from a florist before. This one on his table is small, yet so cute. Very adorable. Aside from the sunflower, I also spot a very delicious looking garlic bread on two plates along with a teapot. Is he going to eat with me?

"If you don't mind, I'll accompany your breakfast," he said, sitting down on his seat. "That is, if you don't mind."

"Ah, no...." I shook my head, sitting down in front of him. "Its okay, a company feels slightly better."

Both of us munched on the bread silently, not knowing what to say or even what to converse about. Though it felt a bit awkward but it felt comforting to say the least; there's no need to strike a conversation and that is fine with him.

I took us a finished bread and half a cup of tea to finally strike a conversation.

"So... how did you end up in the middle of the street?" Luocha asked. Of course he's going to ask about the recent thing that happened; one that I'm pretty sure I don't feel like saying.

I cleared my throat, taking a sip of the tea before answering. "I guess I'm a bit too tired. Haven't slept well these past few days and work has been hectic."

It was true, I haven't slept well; more like I couldn't. The shop just accepted a new intern and it resulted to a very hectic week. All in all, it wasn't a very well rested week and adding with the stuff I've been seeing, it was a bit tough to just doze it off away.

"You ought to get some rest, maybe take the day off for today?" Luocha suggested. "Besides, we haven't spend time with each other as of late."

Eh? I blinked once, then twice to confirm what I heard. Did he really imply that he missed talking with me? or just walking around the streets with me? I could count the times we spent with each other with just one hand, I didn't think it would make a lasting impression on him.

I could feel heat rushing up my cheeks as I waved it off dismissively. "Its nothing much, you're not missing out on anything at all."

"Still, if possible I'd like to walk around with you today," he propped a smile on his face. "After getting some rest, of course."

"If they even let me take the day off," I told him, not sure if its even proper to get the day off when the store is much busier this week.

"I'm sure they will. What type of employer would they be if they insist an employee who was found passed out after work to continue their shift the next day?" Luocha's words made me think that there is a chance for me to get a break today.

Seems like he's the type of guy who is good with words, because I find myself the next minute calling my manager to see if I could take the day off. Of course, I started with an apology, and after explaining what happened my manager told me it was fine to get some rest; if I became the one to close the store every day for next week.

At least I get to rest for today, and so I agreed.

Luocha smiled knowingly at me, knowing damn well he knew he was right. I puffed my cheeks at his actions, to which he lets out a chuckle.

"What?" he asked innocently.

"What what?" I repeated, mocking his tone.

He found himself stifling a small laughter as he stood up. His hand reached for my head as he ruffled my hair; which surprised me greatly. This was new. I sat there frozen as he casted a glance at me.

"You're very adorable sometimes, Y/N."

And with those words, he left the kitchen; leaving me dumbfounded. I blushed profusely, not expecting him to do that at all. The heat on my cheeks probably didn't convey just how red my cheeks was, and I thank all the Aeons that he's not in the same room as me. I'd probably end up going back to work if he was.