x. hui the golden retriever

Y/N

Y/N

It has been a few days since I saw Luocha. I saw him in the streets, but this time he hadn't come by to greet me. I wonder why, though. I believe I didn't make any mistake... Did I?

I finished my day shift with exhaustion draining my energy tremendously. I was always so cool with work but somehow today it felt exhausting. As soon as Seet Yan came through the door, I immediately packed my stuff and left the store; I was feeling extra hungry and I need some noodles in my system.

"Woof!"

The barks of a dog made me regain my senses. Instantly I noticed a huge dog sitting not too far from me, facing right at me. The dog's tail is wagging feverishly as the dog continued to bark.

"Woof woof!!"

Its a golden retriever, and it seems like someone took care of it diligently. I wouldn't want a random dog to follow me, what if the owner finds me and I caused a misunderstanding?

"Woof!"

The dog barked yet again, the boy looking straight at me; as if expecting something from me. you know what... I'll just try to see if there's a collar on this guy. What if he wants to bring me to its owner? Maybe something happened and the owner needs some help? Its a possibility as well.

I crouched in front of the dog and there I see it; a collar tag hidden underneath its fur. I held the tag to see if there's a name and there is one;

Hui.

Is it the dog's name? I glanced at the dog; it still looked straight at me with its tail wagging nonstop.

"... Are you Hui?" I asked, which was odd. Did I really expect a dog to answer my question?

"Woof!"

.... It does.

I stood up and the dog pranced around around my feet, barking at me. I almost tripped due to how energetic the dog was that I almost stepped on its tail and nearly tripped.

"Calm down, bud!"

The dog stopped prancing around and went to an alleyway; the same alleyway I got beaten up. It looked back, expecting me to follow I guess?

"Woof woof!"

I guess it did.

"Wait a second, I'll catch up," I said to no one in particular, even though I felt completely exhausted. But alas, this dog won't stop staring right into my skull (sorry Hui)... its as if it was waiting for me to do something. And so, I have to follow him; I have to make sure nothing troubling is happening. Though the dog could've chosen anyone else, he chose me. I wonder why, but I guess I'll have to help him out first.

Like I said before... what if the owner is in trouble? I'll just be a good civilian for today and rest up as soon as I get home.

"Woof woof!"