xiv. much needed

Y/N

Y/N

A break is very much needed, I haven't realised it until I lay myself back down on the couch. I don't have to worry about getting ready for work, I don't have to prep myself before entering the chaos of night shifts, I don't have to worry about anything.

A soft sigh escaped my lips, being one of relief. Hui nudged his nose on me, hoping for me to play with him. Ah, but I digress; we will be going out soon anyways so I'm sure he can wait until then.

Truthfully, I still couldn't believe I'm in Luocha's residence. I was still in quite a stupor, I never would've thought I'd end up anywhere near here. Well now that I'm here, maybe I can look around his home? See if there's anything related to Hui's past owner.

Well, calling her that is such a long ass title; I'd just call the her Lady Doppelganger, since we look so much alike. Lady doppelganger has relations to Luocha, I'm sure there must be something of hers somewhere around here. If there's mentions of Luocha in her home, I bet there's going to be mention of her in his.

But where?

"Hui... Your owner is so mysterious, I'll give you that," my fingers went to pet his head as he leaned on my hand. All these things about Paths, and was it research?? I could never be her, definitely. But what I could do is learn about her.

"woof?"

"Yes, Hui... whatever it is you say," I smiled, continuing to pet the golden retriever.

"Here you are," Luocha came from where I suppose was his room. Immediately I sat up, Hui whining at the loss of pets.

He went beside the couch, looking ready for a walk. A soft smile on his face as he saw Hui and I. Immediately, I sent a smile in return as I saw him. "Oh, you're here."

"Yes, I do recall our decision to take a walk?" He reminded me, not that I actually forgot about it.

"Mhm!" I stood up from the couch; not that I have any spare clothing in mind, so whatever I have on is already enough... I hope. I dusted off whatever there is on my clothes as Hui jumped around the both of us, excited to leave for a walk.
"I hope you don't mind my appearance, I don't exactly bring spare clothes."

Immediately, Luocha shook his head. "It's completely fine, don't worry. Appearances don't matter in short walks."

The smile on his face comforted me, the discomfort of looking... meh beside him completely diminishes as we began walking side by side.

And with that, we started our little journey outside. Hui was as excited as he could be, the golden retriever couldn't stop running around our feet, I think I nearly stumbled at one point but I managed to grab Luocha's arm in time. All he did in response was a chuckle, which, not gonna lie, sounds pretty.

He brought us to what seems to be a garden. There's flowers and bushes and trees with a rocky pathway to add on to the natural vibe of the place. There were other people around, mainly families and couples. Little kids were chasing around butterflies, the adults were observing the different kinds of plants around the garden. All in all, it felt calming. It would be somewhere I would go to if I want a break from work.