xi. white

Y/N

Y/N

Jasmine.

A floral scent which became a general favourite due to how sweet it smelled like. Floral, sweet, white in colour. It would make total sense that this flower represents purity and elegance... something I would always remember as a flower suitable for Luocha. I remembered handing him a jasmine scented fragrance even when he refused to accept it.

I guess it somewhat made sense on why he refused to accept that flower. Something about a past research... but it was successful, wasn't it?

"Woof..?"

Oh, yeah. Ever since that day, Hui had been tagging me along. He even followed me home which was surprising for me. I guess he confused me with his past owner...? I'm still so confused. What is even happening right now?

I patted Hui's head subconsciously, to which he rested his head on my knees. I think he's enjoying it...? I didn't know much about dog language, so this was a first.

"Since when do you have a dog?" My coworker Seet Yan asked, giddily looking at the dog. I could tell she wanted to play with Hui...

.... But how do I tell her he's not really my dog?

"Found him in the middle of the street," I answered, my eyes paid close attention to the dog. "Too adorable to ignore."

"Can I play?" she scooted closer to me, a bright smile on her face as she watched me play with the Hui. A single nod is all it took for her to unleash her dog lover tendencies. I guess this could give me a break; Hui couldn't leave me alone even for a single second. Its like he's attached...

"Something on your mind, Y/N? you look distracted ever since you came in," Seet Yan asked, much to my dismay.

I shook my head in hipes to rid of my thoughts and stood up. "Its nothing, I guess I'm just tired."

"Being a dog owner is tough, huh?" She grinned. "If you need some time for yourself. you know who to babysit Hui with~"

"Not you, of course," I joked. to which she sends me a playful glare.

The rest of the shift was mediocre at best, nothing too exciting happened. Maybe there was a failed transactional purchase, maybe a kid ran around causing havoc, but that's normal stuff now. Both Seet Yan and I were so used to these things. Especially the one with kids... catching them running around felt like a breeze now.

Night fall came and Seet Yan was the one to close the store. I said my goodbyes and with Hui right beside me, I made my way back towards home.

Or at least that's what I wanted to do.

"woof?"

hui nudged towards the alleyway; the last time I followed him was when he brought me to his last owner's messy home.