Part 4 Father

Cale arrived at the gates of the palace. The guards looked him in the eyes and without a beat, Cale was let into the palace. Of course Cale questioned the responsibilities of the guards. Why did they let him in so easily? He wondered. But before he could question them, he needed to tend to his duties. What his stepmother asked him to do.

  Slowly, he scooted the area to find the main palace where all the documents and papers are kept. Maybe he could find the person he was looking for.

  Cale stood before a large palace, gold covering the walls and statues. It was too grand for a post office definitely. Cale knew he had made a wrong turn but something told him he should go in. Something weird, like an instinct of some kind.

  Cale took one step, then another as he made his way into the palace. Not only were the walls made of gold, the hallway was oddly quiet with no people in sight. Not until he saw a single person, standing by a large door as if guarding it. The person had red hair and brown eyes and wore a red and blue uniform. He had a name tag named Felix. The person noticed Cale and walked towards him.

"Please state your name." Felix demanded.

"My name is Cale Henituse from the Henituse dukedom." Cale responded.

Felix stared at Cale for a few second, thinking of something as he looked up and down. Then Felix ranoff towards the large door he was guarding.

"Your Majesty! You may want to hear this!" Felix yelled.

After a moment, Felix rushed out and dragged Cale into the room. From Cale's perspective, he saw a man with blonde hair sitting at a wide deck filled with papers and documents. Maybe he did take a right turn. Cale walked forward while observing Felix as he whispered to the man at the deck.

Cale could only hear so much. 'It....I....eyes...' was all he could make out from where he stood. Then the man at the deck stood up, walked toward Cale and grabbed him firmly on the shoulders.

"..Who is your mother" the man asked.

Cale could not move a muscle, only his eyes did as he commanded. Although Cale had the urgent to break out of his grip, he wondered who this man really was. Why did he grab him? Does he know his mother? Questions kept coming to him until he noticed something peculiar or should i say similar.

'This man...has the same eyes as me' Cale thought, his eyes locked with the man before him. Pure crystal blue eyes. An eye colour Cale had never seen before other than himself. Something even his mother didn't have. '...Is he'

"Daddy!"