Part 22 Real or Fake

(Just to clarify, Raon is much older like 200 or something and his dragon form is very large like bigger than the castle so he turned into his human form to not bring any awareness of his presence)

  Raon stood before the imperial garden. The sky was as bright as daylight should. He began to stroll through the garden. Very orchid he touched had a glowing light. Almost like the moonlight itself. Raon didn't sense much mana on the orchids. But it had a slightly familiar scent. I reminded him of his past, the home he grew up in. The Henituse household. He wasn't quite sure why he felt the need to admire the flowers nor did he knew the owner of this familiar scent. It wasn't his place to even be in this garden in the first place.

  As Raon stumbled upon a single table and four chairs sitting at the very center of the garden. It didn't look very special. The chairs were plain and the table seemed old with the plant growth surrounding the table and climbing up bit by bit. However, Raon found it strange how something so plain-and-old-looking could exist in the imperial garden of a kingdom. Did they not care for every detail of the castle? Like the grand decor and the pillars of gold. Why leave such a beautiful garden to surround a measly and plain area like this. He wondered.

  To that, Raon then heard a crack. He turned back to find a small hole in the garden hedges. The other side being pitch black and emitted dark aura. He wasn't too sure what to expect from this. Especially since he had never heard of a crack in the 4th wall in any magic book he has read up until now. As he was curious about the crack, he got closer and closer. His bare fingers felt the cold wind. It could easily freeze a normal human if they had gone any closer. Of course, as a dragon he wasn't bothered by such things. And just as he got closer. He heard footsteps from behind. Far but approaching closer and closer. Slow yet gentle in a sense.

  "I wouldn't touch that if i were you" a female voice called out. Raon shivered. Something he would only do if there was something dangerous around him. Quickly and hastily, he turned and pointed a fireball and the voice. There stood a woman in a dark blue dress, old-looking but quite beautiful. The long and elegant red hair stood out to Raon. Her reddish-brown eyes gave away a very familiar look. It was his human. Or looked like his human. I mean, it is a woman.

  "Greetings young dragon, to what do I owe the pleasure" the woman spoke as she did a simple bow. Raon took a closer look at the woman before him. Red hair, reddish-brown eyes. And she looked familiar. That's when he remembered.

   "Jour Thames" It was her. In the mist of the grass and surrounded by the orchid's bloom. But it didn't make sense. Jour Thames died. She is supposed to be dead. No time travel or dimension hopping would bring her back. Not her at least. So why is she here?

"I know why you're here" She spoke. Raon was caught off guard. "I can show you where he is but I need you to answer my questions" Raon knew it. Jour as a spirit would never recognise people related to her son. At least in this world. "Who are you and what do you want with my son" Raon wouldn't need to think to respond to that question. But it is his human's mother. Its only right that he should be kind to her. "I...am from the future. A future where Cale is dead" Jour froze. The air around them turned grey and Jour shredded tears. Every drop that fell caused thunder to strike. It wasn't long before the garden turned into a fireplace.

"...Why are you here" She whispered so quietly that Raon could barely pick it up. The sound of the burning fire around them masked her words just enough to only let the slightest bit of sound be heard.

"..To save him. My..Father" The thunder stops. The sky remained grey and Jour's tears left its traces down Jour's cheeks. "...I see now" Jour smiled. A small one. The garden of fire then turned into a pile of orchids. Jour stood above as if she were standing on a platform. While Raon was tossed and turned around the orchids. A large tree trunk got mixed in the pile and knocked Raon in the face. Ouch! That must hurt!

Then Raon awoke to the cold wind, the night still young and the bright sky no longer. Raon.. remembered everything. Jour. Jour was there. But when he remembered her last words to him, he sat up and waited.

"He will be there...I promise you that..when you see him..tell him I...miss him"