Part 7 Family

Upon the next morning, Cale woke up to the sound of a maid outside the door. Knocking the door, she entered and served Cale his first meal. Even going as far as to stay by his side and wait for him to finish. Of course Cale was a bit new to this. None of the maids back in the dukedom would serve him breakfast in his room. Even his head butler, Ron would never do that. It was always proper to sit at the table.

Once Cale had finished his meal, the maid beside him packed everything up and left with a bow. No words. Just silence. Cale wondered if this was the usual treatment royalty was supposed to have. Quiet and zero interaction. It felt awkward and uncomfortable. At least to Cale. But that didn't matter. What really matter is today  is Cale's first day  as a prince. A stunning, charming prince that can take of dragons and save damsels in destress. Well, who was he kidding. Cale would never be like that with his fragile, skinny body. He certainly doubted himself to be one of those stereotypical princes.

  But Cale did have big plans. Not that he made them a second ago. He was going to make the emperor hate him. Of course not too much, just enough to be exiled. Cale came up with so many ideas; bullying his younger sister, acting reckless and childish like before and even embarrassing the royal family name.

  So many things to do, and yet none of them could be done.

  In the mist of coming up with new ideas, there was a knock on the door. *Knock* pause *Knock*. Cale opened the door to find no one in sight. He looked to the left and right hallways with only silence to be heard.

  "I'm down here" Athanasia pouted. She was not that short, just younger than her brother. 😠 Hmph.
Cale looked down at Athanasia and kneeled down to her level. "Don't make it WORSSSEEE" 😫 I'm not SHORT.

  Back to the story.

  "Hi, you're my sister right? What's your name?" Cale asked, extending his hand out to Athanasia. Happily, Athanasia shook his hand. "My name is Athanasia! You can call me Athy for short!" Cale smiled at his sister as she did to him.

"Daddy said to have tea together in the garden. I heard there's going to be a special kind of tea there! Papa loves that tea" as she said that, Athanasia ranoff to the garden. Leaving Cale alone, he started to get changed but the clothes were quite worn out from the travelling. It would be a bit shameful to wear them in front of the emperor which is exactly what he wanted. Putting on his old formal suit, Cale went to the tea party with a smile.

  Athanasia greeted Claude with a small bow and smile. "Greetings to the light of the Obelian Empire" Claude gave no response as per usual. Only staring at Athanasia with a semi warm stare. "Felix" Claude ordered. Felix picked Athanasia up and sat her on the top chair by the table. Before long, another guest arrived and shocked some of the maids.

"Greetings to the light of the Obelian Empire" Cale greeted but with no response from Claude as well. But something different from his response to Athanasia. Claude smiled a bit, purposely hiding it from Cale but Athanasia noticed. Perfect. Athanasia's plan was coming to play. Returning to his cold face, Claude signalled Cale to sit down. Cale sits but finds it very quiet. Even the maids were silent. Until Athanasia broke the silence. "Good Morning, Papa!" Athanasia said with a big smile on her face. Cale immediately copied her out of panic. "Good Morning, Pa-uh Your Majesty" Claude found it..slightly funny, his son nearly calling him Papa. Of course, he wouldn't mind the name. It just depends on Cale whether he wants to or not. Meanwhile Cale was embarrassed, if not ashamed. He said Pa like Papa. 😫 Ahh so embarrassing. But as Cale wasn't looking, Claude made a smile, a genuine smile. Only Athanasia saw it.

"Papa's smiling!"  "..." One of the maids fainted after that.