Part 14 Mother

The duke was flabbergasted at the sight of Cale. Now only did he noticed Cale's pure crystal blue eyes. But even though he was shocked and couldn't believe his eyes, he no doubt knew he needed to properly greet him as he didn't before. A gentle and elegant bow later and Cale was left in shock.

'So...graceful and beautiful, nothing like what I did just now..'😞 "Could he teach me too?" -C

"Pardon?" -D.A

Cale, who was thinking out loud turned red. Did he really just said that? Teach me? 😱 Ahhh!! And Athy was not helping him this time. 'Not again..'

  After the whole crisis, Athy and Cale went back to their homes. Athy was still thinking of ways to teach Cale and Cale was exhausted from everything. Dancing, meeting. Oh how he wanted to go home. But then he thought about it. How is his family? Is Lily and Basen doing okay without him? Is father worried about him? All the questions started flowing through his mind. His family. Not biological but it was his family. The only family to see him grow up. But then he wondered about something.

  Did mother have a family? She never really told anyone about her family a lot. Cale only knew about his grandfather. A kind man who sacrificed himself for his daughter. Cale could see the sadness in his mother's eyes when she told him this story. As a kid, he could only try to make her laugh but never did he try to comfort her in her sorrow. 'I wonder who else is her family...' Thinking about it, he thought maybe the emperor knows who is part of the Thames family. So with a huff, he made his way to the emperor's office.

  Claude was looking through some documents. Farm land prices, noble complaints, so on so forth. He found them boring and wanted to throw them across the room. But Felix wouldn't let him. He was too much of a bother sometimes. Never letting him do what he wants to do. But he would always listen. Felix may be his daughter's personal guard. But he was his first friend and brother in war. Growing up with him, you could say Claude treasures Felix as his companion. A brother.

As Claude looked over to the old clock. 9 pm. 'Both of them should be asleep by now..' Claude let out a tiny smile as he thought of Athy and Cale. Then, he heard a knock on the door. Since it was late, no one should be knocking on his door. So Claude wanted to check it out. With his eyes, he observed the doorway for signs of mana waves. Lo and behold, there was mana waves. Strong, powerful waves, similar to his. Claude could not tell fully who it was but with a hunch, he went up to the door and opened it.

There stood smol Cale looking up at Claude, adjusting his outfit out of concern. Claude simply smiled and picked up the boy with one arm. Kinda like how he carried Athy the first time. His arm wrapped around his chest as gravity pulled him down. It was certainly painful but quite comforting knowing he wasn't treating him like an outcast. Cale worried a lot about such things.

Upon taking a seat, Cale stared blankly at the books stacked evenly across him. History of the Empire, How to Survive the war, How to be a father. Many books dedicated to Claude's role as the emperor and as a father. Cale wondered whether or not the emperor bought these books for show seeing as they were covered in layers upon layers of dust. Quite surprised no one cleaned it. But who would? Claude doesn't have servants in his palace mainly because he makes Felix do all the work. Perhaps he didn't have the time to manage his office yet. But how would Cale know? He hasn't been here for that long. Two weeks had already passed since he cane here after all.

  Meanwhile Duke Alpheus went home for the day. Tired as he was, he was just about to enter his room for a good night sleep. Until a small girl popped out from the corner of his eye. Brown hair and pure crystal blue eyes. A symbol of the Obelian Empire's royal family. The little girl approached the sleepy duke and smiled.

  "Uncle!"