Part 18 Uncle?

{small detail forgor to add is Claude only told Cale about the family tree not the bloodline ability. So he be clueless :D ain't that nice?}

   Cale left the room silently after hearing all of that. His grandfather, his mother, those kidnappers. It was strange to hear. And maybe pitiful. He wasn't there obviously. But his mother was. He missed her. He felt her too. Her sorrows. Her pain. She and Cale felt the exact same thing when they lost their parent. To her, it was her father. To Cale, it was her. Probably no one in this world could ever understand how much pain these two had felt. Then again. Cale was much luckier than his mother. He had his stepfather at least. To care for him and raise him. His mother was already grown up and had to leave for a new start. Or so he thinks.

  "Your majesty." Felix spoke out of nowhere. "Why didn't you tell him about....his uncle?"

  "A choice." Claude replied while he read the paper in his hand. "Why?"

  "...He should know. That's all" Claude turned to him, giving him a serious face. " !! I'm just saying he should!" Felix straightened his collar. "He should know about his only other family member who's..well alive, right?"

  "Then tell him yourself" Claude turned back to his paper work. "It should be you anyways"

  With that, Felix left the room to follow his royal highness, Cale as per his majesty's command. After a few minutes, he spotted the lonely red puppy sitting on one of the steps of the stairs leading to the imperial garden. Felix glanced at the beautiful orchids that brought out the beauty of the garden. It..brought back many, many old memories. Jour Thames, mother of Cale alger de obelia was quite the flower girl. She loved them. Even putting an effort to try and plant them herself spoke much about her love for flowers. Felix remembered all the times he caught her sneaking orchids into her room just to admire them before she slept.

Felix then looked over at the small redhead next to him. He looked tired. It was almost midnight after all. Felix knew Cale shouldn't be here. But he decided to let things be peaceful in the palace tonight. Though, Felix noticed a sad look on Cale's face. He must have been sad after hearing his mother's story. Looking at his sad face, Felix thought of something that might cheer him up. So, Felix sat beside Cale who was shocked at first but relaxed after a moment. Felix didn't really know how to comfort a child far from his age. He can care for the princess just fine but she was never one to cry at all. So he never once experienced how to care for one. But he will try. Maybe small talk may cheer him up.

  Cale looked up to the night sky. It was pretty and anyone would say so. But Cale had something else to say. Rather, ask. "...Do you know my mother?" Cale abruptly asked. Felix who was taken a back simply paused. "You...seem to know her" He explained.

Felix then fixed his posture and spoke. "Your mother......was someone very dear to me" Felix glanced at the orchids, their bright colours that could be seen even in the dead of night gave a warm touch to his heart. Felix cleared his throat. Wanting to finally clear things up.  "She was......my sister" Cale was surprised. No. More than surprised. Cale turned over to Felix, wondering if he was lying or something. Cale found Felix to have a calm, quiet expression. Nothing like a liar's face. So, Cale believed him. Almost immediately.

"YOU'RE MY UNCLE!!" 😨😨😨😨
"Yeah..haha" Felix laughed awkwardly.
"You are my uncle, my mother's older brother?"
  "Um...there ain't anyone else, kid" Felix jokingly said.
"Then..Uh.. Why didn't you tell me before?!?!??" Cale slightly screamed, almost like a girl.
"Well, you were getting along with his majesty and her highness so well that I couldn't really squeeze myself in" Felix answered
"Huh? That's weird" Cale replied, he should have told him sooner.
  "No, you're weird" Felix replied.
  "You are!"
  "No, You are!"
.
.
.
Back to main story :D

"Felix, or uncle?" Cale tried to address him but didn't really know how to. "Just Felix will do. Calling me uncle makes me feel old" Felix responded. He didn't like people thinking he is a old man. "But...you are old" Cale added.
.
.
.
Felix died.

Ok, now to the actual story :)

"So, your name is Felix Thames. Right?" Cale asked. He swore he heard his name had a different last name. And he did. Robane, belonging to the house of Robane. The place where Felix was raised in. It was where he learned swordsmanship and briefly met his long-life companion, Claude before serving him as his personal guard. But to Felix, it wasn't quite the home many thought it was. Some would say the Robane household is filled with talented leaders and strong warriors. It was torture. Living in that family. Felix was the only other sibling who was not related to the late duke of Robane. So neither his step siblings nor his stepfather ever saw him as family let alone a Robane.

Only his mother ever did. But she only ever took her job as the caretaker of the second prince seriously. She never cared for him. Or so he thought. And when he was kidnapped by those power abusers. No one cared enough to help, let alone save him. He had to watch as his only other parent die in front of him. His biological father, Zachary Thames sacrificed himself to save both Felix and Jour. Felix could only watch as her beloved his sister shredded tears as she held their father in her hands. But, there was no blood on her hands. Instead, it was on his. He did this. He caused this whole mess to happen. If only he could turn back time. If only he had never been born. Maybe his father would still be here. His sister wouldn't cry. If only. But how could he. He had to take the blame. He had to.

But first, he had to take care of his orphan sister. Letting her stay with his stepfamily wouldn't do however. So he made a deal with some close noble families. To raise her and teach her the way of life. He needed her to be safe. She was the only person left in his family, his heart. He shouldn't let it shatter.

  But it did in the end. On the day she died.