Part 23 Something new

Raon sat and waited for some time. The encounter had him feeling...nostalgia. It had been some time since he last saw his human alive. That along with his siblings, On and Hong. They were his older brother and sister. Both of them were so caring and sweet. At least when they were younger. But...war broke them. Tore them apart.

  "They were only 14 that day" As though planned like a movie scene, tears fell. One by one. His family, his life fell apart after that day. There was nothing he could do. Nothing anyone could do. He was too scared to do anything. So were the soldiers. So were the wolf children. So were they.

But only he stood there, like the silver shield he was nicknamed after. He took every blow, every arrow and every spell. Though his heart was broken, torn and ripped from his chest, he never moved or back down. Until they were ready to fight back, he would wait and wait. Had he been there to wait with him, how would things turn out then?

   Time flew by fast and the tears just kept coming. All the pent up agony decided it was time to let loose. In the past of your father's alternate universe. Until the main character shows up.

"..Who are you?" Raon jumped up and swiftly wiped his tears. It was time to see him.
  "Hello, your highness(?)" Cale looked at him briefly. A hooded figure sitting by the entrance to the imperial garden which only the royal family can step foot on.
  "I advice you to not enter the imperial garden. My father would have you beheaded." Violent but fair point. Although, trespassers are usually killed the moment they enter the palace. Especially the imperial garden.
"..Your highness..I have something to tell you" Raon hesitated but knew him should do this.
"The world is.. in grave danger" Cale steps back slightly. What does he mean? Grave danger? How would he know that anyways? Raon lifts his head up, his blue eyes caught Cale's attention. Or rather, caused some discomfort.

Cale's head starts throbbing, his vision blurred slightly and he could hardly breathe. He looked at the hooded figure before him again. Why? Why does he look familiar? My heart. It feels..sad. Longing. Who...is this guy? He started hearing voices. Stranger speaking as though he knows them. The sound of war. The screams of children. And within all that commotion, a single phrase stood out along the rest. "Stay safe..and alive, my children" a man who sounded like him in a voice that was half dead. He stood in plain confusion. Why was his voice there? Like that? Who are 'my children'? Cale looked up at the hooded figure. A flashback of a memory came to him. A young boy with black hair and blue eyes. No. A young dragon learning transformation magic.

"Human, look!!" The young boy with a small dragon tail waved to him. His smile was pure and genuine. One he had very long ago. "I can see that, you did amazing as always" he spoke as though he knew the words whilst patting his head. "Yay!! Big brother, Big sister. Look at this!!" Two cats came over to witness. One red and one white. Then became two small children. A boy and girl. "That's great!!" "Good job little bro!!" Seeing the three so happy, so close. It brought a smile to Cale.

Returning to reality, Cale looked at the person before him. His blue eyes were that of that small child. His 'son'. One of them anyways. "What is your name" "..Raon Miru" A name given to him by the person before him. "I..named you. Am i right?" Raon was stunned. What is this? How does he know?

  With a swift of a finger, a magic spark appeared. One connected between the head of his father and his palm. "This-"A connection has been formed between the two worlds. One that can destroy both worlds if broken. "This isn't possible.. The magic doesn't align. We could never have a connection" That day when Raon formed that spell. It wasn't just a butterfly effect he wanted to avoid. 'World links' A bond between two world via two people. A dangerous force that can kill each other if the two leave each other. The only way to avoid this was being in a completely different world where almost everything is different.

But it wasn't enough. And the memories kept flowing in. Both in Cale And Raon. Raon saw the face all too familiar to him. His tormentor. (Forgot the name, help D: ) I guess he was still young. Not yet a grown and depressed dragon. At least that was what his human told him. His original ending. His death. But the memories were short. While Cale struggled to keep his head straight. The agonising pain in his head kept coming and he felt the urge to just faint at the spot.

  Raon noticed this discomfort and thought of a way to relieve his father's pain. He took the opportunity and clenched onto the link. Its glowing light stopped half way. Cale could finally breathe again, and his head was no longer in pain. "What...is this thing" Raon sighed as he stepped forward toward the ray of moonlight which peeked through a small window.

"Something I wished you and I would never be in"