Chapter 24

Kristen POV

The crowd got closer and closer until eventually, we saw the beginning of the forest completely lit with people holding torches or lanterns.

"Okay guys, we need to get to our spots now!" Elisa ordered, so immediately her and Riker ran outside in the middle of the field, yards away from the entrance to the cabin. Yea, there was that much land.

Ross and I stayed in here, like planned. "This is stupid! I want to fight out there and protect her!" Ross complained.

"Well, she doesn't want any weaknesses out there and if you are able to protect me in here, I can protect her and Riker without anyone getting hurt."

If things worked out like Emily said, I was able to control everything from the cabin to the wood-line, so basically I controlled the whole fighting area. I don't know how, but one of the spirits that helped my power went up in the sky so I was also able see the battlefield at the same time as what was going on inside the cabin.

Elisa POV

I was met up in the middle of the battlefield by Kinsey and his army. He looked at me and did a mischievous smirk. "Where's the rest of your group Elisa? Because I don't really think only two people can take 367. Did Kristen and your boy-toy chicken out?"

I laughed while shaking my head, "What makes you think they would give up when we all know the great advantage we have? Yeah, you may have almost 100 times more people than us, but do all of these people know what we are capable of? Especially me and Kristen? Heck, do they know that you probably don't care at all about whether these people live or die? Sending them into sudden death just so you get what you want and if they don't listen, you shoot them. Some vampire hunter you are."

A flash of anger crossed his face when I said those words. "Attack, now!" He shouted.

Several people started running towards us and that's when the fangs came out. I used my vampire speed to kill nine people within a minute. I was on a great kill streak with that rate especially with Riker able to keep a rate close to mine. We were through killing about a quarter of the group when I felt something hit my side, knocking me down partially. I tried running with my speed, but somehow, I couldn't. It felt like it was blocked from my use. Sorcery? I looked over to see Kinsey standing beside a witch.

"Really? Does she not know you plan on killing all supernatural?" I asked.

He smirked, "It doesn't matter, as long a we defeat you. Which without your speed, it'll be a whole lot easier."

This is when I smirked, "That is where you're wrong." All of a sudden, I got lifted up and Kinsey was completely shocked. "Yea, your daughter learned her true skill. Taking away my speed won't solve anything."

And like that, I was fighting again. Instead of running, Kristen had her spirit things transporting me. After killing a few more people, I looked over to see Kinsey and the witch approaching Riker.

Three people sneaked up on me and I had to act fast. I spun my leg up in the air and kicked one of them in the head, knocking that person out. Then I turned and punched one in the face and grabbed his head, bringing it to my knee. Afterwards, I grabbed the next guy, bringing him down and sinking my fangs into his neck.

I looked up in the sky, "Kristen, I know you may not think it's a good idea, but trust me on this. Have Riker be flung near the edge of the battlefield and have us meet. The crowd will be too confused in the fighting to even realize we're gone. I have to speak with him."

I looked over to see Kinsey get closer to him and as I was being transported there, I see Riker get pushed back like I had said. Some people had seen and went to follow, but they were pushed back into the center.