Chapter 19

It has been three days and Elisa is still unconscious. Each day Ross gets worse and worse. Since the healer said no one could go in the room with Elisa, Ross stayed near the door. He was waiting for the moment that Elisa walked out of that room. Riker and I sat on the couch, waiting for the same thing. The door opened and everyone looked at it. The healer, Emily, walked out shaking her head.

"Why are you shaking your head?" Ross asked worried.

"She might not be able to recover for quite a while. That Kinsey guy really got her with that dagger."

"What? But, she's going to be okay, right? She may not wake up soon, but she won't die right? Right?!" Ross panicked.

"I cannot tell for sure, but you shouldn't panic." Emily tried to console him.

"Not panic? There's a chance that she could die, what shouldn't I panic?!"

"Because this is a spiritual house and so is the machine healing your girlfriend. If you panic, you will stress them out and then her health will be crucial." The woman explained.

At this point, Ross tried his best to calm down. "Is that why we couldn't go in the room?" I asked.

She nodded her head. "I also need more things not just for her but for everyone so you can eat, so you can make a list for that. I can't leave the house until she is completely healed. You all will have to go to town and get them. Plus, it would give Romeo here some time to get all his worries out."

We all agreed to it before leaving to go get all she needed. We were half way through the list when someone's cart bumped into ours. We looked up to see our principal Ms.Harris.

"Well, look who we have here. Three former students of mine who haven't shown up at school for three whole months. Care to explain why, because your parents would have to go to court for this." She said matter of factly.

"How could my parents go to court if one's dead and the other one is in a coma?" I said darkly, my eyes starting to burn with fiery.

Ross pretended to cough when I heard him quietly say, "eyes." I tried getting rid of my anger so my eyes didn't show red. I hid my eyes by looking around. I stole a glance at Ms. Harris' cart. Rubbing alcohol, garlic, crosses....stuff that were to said to kill a vampire.

"Sorry about that, but I hope being out of school doesn't alter your chances of going to your senior prom. Considering, it would be your last time spending time together as a school. Get a chance to be nominated king and queen." She finished.

"Ms. Harris, why are you here? All the way in Michigan?" Ross asked suspicious.

"Well I came here to see someone who was very ill. I should be back when she is all better. It was nice seeing you all." She gave us a smile before heading behind us.

That was weird.

"Oh and Kristen," I turned to see her again. "I ran into your father. He told me to tell you that he's coming to see you one last time." She smiled again before continuing her shopping.

We continued the shopping before we started talking.

"You know, I forgot all about senior prom. I'm definitely gonna ask Elisa when she's better." Ross said throwing coco pebbles into the cart.

"Really Ross? What you gonna do with coco pebbles?" Riker asked laughing.

"Elisa loves those things and she'd think I'm the best person to give her a bowl of those when she first wakes." Ross argued.

Riker rolled his eyes, "What ever."

"Hey, don't judge him. I love coco pebbles too and I think that's very sweet." I said, laughing.

Ross casually put another box in the cart. "Then that one is yours." I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Did anyone notice what was in Ms.Harris' cart?" I asked.

"Yeah, she totally doesn't play by the book at all. None of that stupid stereotypes aren't real. Yeah, we don't go to church. That doesn't make us die when we see a cross." Riker argued.

"What about the rubbing alcohol?"

"Well, obviously it would hurt if people splashed it at your face." Ross answered.

"And garlic?"

"Who doesn't hate that stuff, it tastes nasty." They both replied.

"Listen, the only thing that could kill us is vampire hunters and their weapons. And since you're a vampire hunter who turned into one of us, so you are one of the most powerful people on Earth next to the immortal vampires like Elisa." Ross explained.

We finished up with the shopping and headed back. I sat in the front seat thinking of prom. If none of this had happened, this would have been the first experience at a school function. It would be amazing to slow dance with Riker, looking beautiful as ever. Plus, we would get the chance to win king and queen. At first, it would've been Sophie who got queen. Now for king, it would either be her ex, Rick, or she would've gotten everyone to vote for Riker or Ross, just to hurt the people that hurt her most. Now, she's dead and it all can change.

We all walked in the little house and gave Emily the things she needed. It was late, so after eating we all went to sleep the night away.

I woke up to see the boys gathered around the kitchen table eating. So, I decided I would make me a bowl of coco pebbles. When I finished and sat down, I listened to the boys' conversation.

"Look, all I'm saying is that she always said her whole life was in Cali, no other family members were anywhere. Not even friends, why would she be all the way in Michigan to see a sick friend when there aren't any." Ross continued.

"I have no idea, but it probably has something to do with the fact she knows Kristen's dad is coming and she's falsely prepared for a vampire attack."

"Maybe my dad informed her where Elisa would be. That's the sick person and she now knows all of us are vampires, so she's getting prepared." I suggested.

"That makes sense, but why her?"

"Because she is Sophie's mother." We heard a voice say.

We turned to see Elisa in the doorway, smiling. "Miss me?"

Ross immediately got up and hugged her tightly as I stayed there smiling, then it dropped. Ms.Harris was in this because I killed her daughter. I might as well get ready for the confrontation of my life.

---------------------------
There's chapter 19, sorry it took forever! Anyway, what do you think of the new secret shown. Vote & Comment✌✌✌
                                              -Elisa