Chapter 7

Elisa continued to drag me until we got to her black Mustang.

"Get in." She said, going to the driver side of the car. She opened up her door and looked at me. "Get in." She urged.

I opened my door and slid in her car, landing on the leather seats with the Ed Hardy covering. She started the car and drove off. The whole car ride was silent and I had no idea where she was going. We finally came to a stop and I looked around. We were in the middle of nowhere, near the wood line of the woods. I looked at Elisa.

"Wh-where are we, and why are we here?" I studdered a little bit.

"Asking Rick about me was the wrong thing to do. You want to know about me, you could've waited until I told you myself. Rick cannot be trusted, you do not let him drag you in."

"What?"

"Rick is all apart of Sophie's gang. He will act like your friend so he can know your weak spot. He did the same to me. He was right about one thing though, Sophie attacked my sensitive spot."

"You're parents?" I asked remembering the comment Sophie made to her the day Elisa attacked her.

She turned her head, "No, she has nothing to do with my parents, besides always commenting about them. It's about Ross."

Before I could ask anything else, Elisa got out the car and started walking into the woods that was beside the car. I hurried up and got out, thinking I was supposed to follow her. We came to an opening where there was an abandoned cabin. The scenery was absolutely beautiful though, but why did she bring me here. She went inside and sat on the windowsill.

"One day Ross and I were driving around and the car ran out of gas, so after we called Riker to pick us up we decided to take a walk. We found this cabin and thought it was the most beautiful thing in the world, so we made this our spot if we ever wanted to get away from the world." She took a shaky breath trying not to cry.

"What happened?"

"A few months ago, I got a text from Ross' phone saying to meet him here. When I walked in here, I saw him on the ground covered in blood and bruises. I had no choice but to do the one thing I promised him I wouldn't ever do. He was so close to death and I didn't want to lose him, so I had to change him. Being one of us is the worst thing. Always in thirst for blood and everyone hunting you down, wanting you dead. Kristen, you don't want that. Doing that was the hardest thing I had to do, I basically killed him. He is part of the undead because of me!" She started breaking down and I felt a gush of air behind me before Ross walked in to comfort Elisa.

"Baby, how many times do I have to tell you? It's not your fault, you saved me. If it wasn't for you, I would've died. I wouldn't be able to see my family or you again. I love you, okay? Don't blame yourself for any of this." Ross cradled her on the floor and kissed her forehead. Elisa slowly started to calm down. Ross turned to me, "Do you think you can drive Elisa's car back to our house? I don't think she is in the driving mood right now." I nodded my head grabbing the keys from him. We made our way out of the woods and I walked to Elisa's car while Ross took her to his.

After I parked Elisa's car in the Lynch's driveway, I walked across the street to my house. I had to unlock the door so I knew that my mom wasn't home. She left a note on the counter saying she went to visit Jason at work and should be home by 10. It was 7 now so I decided to watch a movie. Not too long after the movie started, someone knocked on my door.

"Come in!" I yelled, not really wanting to get up.

Ross walked in and closed the door, "Hey, I uhh came here to talk to you since I finally got Elisa to calm down and go to sleep."

I looked at him, "Vampires sleep?"

"Well, yeah. We're vampires not ghosts." He laughed. He sat on the love seat and looked at me. "When I got Elisa to calm down, she told me about how she saw you talking to Rick."

"Yea, he was complementing me for the thing I said to Sophie and told me how she would hurt anyone who tried standing up to her, then he mentioned Elisa and that's when she came and took me to the cabin. How did you know she was there anyway?"

"Well, I know Elisa and ever since the incident, she always goes there when she is upset. She usually doesn't want to be around me when she's upset, so I figured when I couldn't find her she was there. But yeah, she really did change since that happened."

I nodded my head in agreement,  "I know, I saw the scrapbook she made you." I stayed silent for awhile. "How many of you, in your family, are vampires?"

"Well, when Elisa changed me she realized that I would need blood when I first turn because you immediately become thirsty and that could kill you right there. She recently ran out of blood from the last blood drive so she had to find a way to get some more. I awoke in my room, thirsty as hell. As instincts of a vampire, I attacked the closest person to me, which happened to be Riker. Right after I did that, I realized what I've done. I know how Elisa feels for taking a life because I took my own brother's. Elisa showed up with the blood and saw Riker on the ground. She said we were lucky that I got him to where he wouldn't die, but change. It was a good thing she had the blood then, so no one else could get hurt. So, it's just Elisa, me, and Riker." Ross said, getting quiet afterwards.

"What happened to Elisa's parents? She was super sensitive about it when Sophie brought it up." I asked with hesitation.

"Her parents died along time ago, due to stupid vampire hunters. He was the leader in all of them. Whenever vampire hunter is mentioned, you think of Greg Kinsey. He has a daughter, but no one knows what happened to her. Rumour has it that his wife left him and took the child, not wanting her to life that life, but all of us know that she will find that it's in her blood. Elisa came to me after that happened and I told her that I would always be there for her and she had hope. With me losing my life, she figured there was no hope anymore and that's why she changed."

I thought about what he said. The rumour was true about the dad and his daughter. All of it, but the part about it being in my blood. I don't ever see me killing any of them. There was just one last thing I had to say.

"Where's Riker?"

-----------------------------------

Here is chapter 7!! I know it's short but part of it deleted and I have major writer's block.  Vote and comment, I'll make 8 as soon as possible.:)

                                                                        -Elisa <3