Chapter 1

What was life like for a teenager like me? Terrible. My parents split up when I was a little kid and now I have to move around place to place with my mom and step dad. I've probably been enrolled in every school around the U.S. The thing was, I never knew why we kept moving. It was just a normal thing in my life and that was just that. You could say I never had any friends. There wasn't any time to make new friends and even if I did, I would just leave shortly after and never see them again. So what was the point in ever trying? Why did we keep moving? Whatever it was, I cant wait until I actually get out on my own. I was 17 and had one year of school left. Most people would be nervous about a new school but if this happened over 100 times in your life, you get used to it.

We pulled up to a house and I looked out the window. It was probably two stories and had a big backyard. I got out of the car and immediately went inside to pick out my room. It was the upside to all of the moving, my mom let me have the first choice on rooms. I ran upstairs and there was two ways to go. If I went right, there was two bedrooms and to the left was another bedroom and a bathroom. I went right to check out those rooms because I knew my mom would probably want the one near a bathroom considering she was pregnant. I went down the hall and on each side there was a door. I went to the one on the right first. It was pretty nice. There was a window that faced the backyard where there was a pool. I shook my head and went to the one on the left. It was much more spacious which was a good thing. The window was on the front of the house and I could see the house across the street. There was another window like mine on the same place of their house. I spun around to see a huge closet along one of the walls. I opened it and it had a lot of space to put my clothes. I am definitely getting this room.

I ran down to my mom who was leaning against the kitchen counter. She was now five months pregnant and we found out that she was having a boy.

"Well I can tell by the smile on your face that you found the room you want?" My mom asked smiling.

I walked over to her, "Its is one of the best rooms I have had since we started moving."

She nodded her head, "Yea, we really got the details on this house because hopefully, this will finally be our home. With the baby coming, Jason and I decided we should stay here and hopefully never move again."

I smiled before going to help the movers with my stuff. I had them put my bed against the wall where part of it was under the window. My dresser was put against the other wall, next to my door. My desk was against the empty wall, next to the head of my bed.

After my room was all set up the way I wanted it, I plopped onto my bed and pulled out my phone. Just what I expected, no calls, no messages. The only people that actually called me was my mom and Jason. At my last school, I knew we weren't going to stay for long so I didnt even try to make friends or get anyone's number.

I got off the bed and looked into the mirror on my desk. I straightened out my dark brown hair and clipped my bangs back. Ugh, I didn't like my hazel eyes. The colors didn't mix perfectly and they never really suited me if you know what I mean. I open up one of my drawers and got out my brown contacts.

I put them in and smiled, "Much better." I said to myself.

"Kristen, come meet our new neighbor!" I heard my mom yell from downstairs.

"Coming!" I put on my glasses and ran to the living room.

I saw a sweet blonde lady on the couch, talking to my mom. She looked very familiar.

"Oh, hey. Stormie, this is my daughter Kristen. Kristen this is our neighbor Stormie. She and her family are going to be having dinner with us."

Stormie got up and greeted me with a hug, "Oh my stars! You look just like your mom."

"Thanks. Umm.......Where's the rest of your family?" I asked her.

"They're all at a band rehearsal."

"Really, what band are they in?" I asked with curiosity.

"They started not too long ago. They're called R5."

I gasped quietly and grabbed ahold of my R5 pick necklace. "I live next to R5......" I said quietly to myself.

"I see you're a fan." Stormie said smiling. I nodded my head, still in shock. "Well, I have to go home and get ready. When the kids get home, I'll need to tell them what's going on. It was really nice meeting you Kristen, you too Tabitha."

"See you later." My mom and I both said at the same time.

As soon as the front door closed, I ran upstairs to get ready. I wasn't going to wear anything fancy, but I wasn't going to wear sweatpants either. I threw on some black, ripped skinny jeans, converse, and my favorite black shirt with the word 'Geek' on it and there's glasses under it. I put on some mascara and eyeliner before sitting on my bed, waiting and thinking. I can't believe that tonight, I'm going to meet my favorite band. I get to see them in person, I'm their neighbor, they're eating here tonight! Okay, Kristen calm down. But seriously, my life just got a whole lot better and I don't ever want to move.

-------------

Hi! So that's my first chapter of Love Bites Back, what do think? Vote & Comment:)

-Elisa <3