The Pilot

Down, down, down she goes.

Into the cold darkness that surrounds her endlessly like a thick layer of smoke.

The lass' eyes were lifeless and stoic, void of any life or emotion.

She could still feel the wetness of her own blood soaking through her hair and her clothes. Wait.

Blood?

Oh, that's right. She was shot. But where?

Faint little memories of her last moments flashed through her barely conscious mind. Those little thoughts floated around in her head as she continued to drown in this seemingly endless black pit.

Ah, she remembers. A dark forest. An old cabin. The faint barking sounds of hunting dogs and the dreadful, boisterous knocks on the door. Then came the shouts of men and a series of other sounds, before the blast of the gunshot.

Memories of her past achievements flashed by her mind too. Her scholarships, awards, and other milestones. It all was just a fading light right now. Nothing mattered.

How the mighty have fallen.

Suddenly, she felt something pull her even lower, even deeper into despair. It felt like something was crushing her down into who knows where, and all she could do was endure it silently. She tried to wriggle away from the discomfort, but it was all in vain. Her body didn't heed or listen to the desperate cries and pleas of her mind.

Guilt from the things she had done her past life was weighing down on her, making her want to scream. She wanted to wail out for anyone who could hear her, anyone- or anything that could listen to her begging for mercy.

She knew she was a sinner. Far from a saint, far from the things righteous and holy. And she knew it all.

Strangely, she started to feel a tingling in her ears and the small of her back, like something was growing out them. It certainly wasn't helping her pain at all, and it caused her to try and squirm even more, but her body wouldn't move. Her teeth ached so badly that she wanted to pluck out every single one of them, and her eyes, her eyes were scorching. It was as if someone poured a pool of melted copper on her orbs of brown. It was terrible. It was torture.

Then, it all stopped. Everything was so quiet, so still. And it felt like there was no more hope. No more love. No more anything, until she heard something.

The bustling of streets.

Bustling of streets??

Yes. Various voices talking loudly echoed around her. Her senses slowly came back to her, but she felt like she had got hit by a double-decker bus. A heavy headache greeted her as her consciousness returned fully.

At the same time, a ray of light entered her eyelids, and she groaned in confusion, pain, and so many other emotions too. She tried lifting one of her fingers, and it worked. Then, her entire hand.

Opening her eyes slowly, she was welcomed by a strangely red-looking sky, and a giant, scarlet pentagram shining on it. A number of bat-looking creatures flew around in the distance and the air smelled like narcotics and alcohol.

"What in hell..." she mumbled, before feeling something lightly jab her gums. Wincing in pain, she sat up from her position. Only to see a giant sign in front of her that made her eyes widen completely.

Welcome To Hell, it said.

She was indeed in Hell.

Oh.

Of course she was in Hell. Of course. She's dead. Accepting her fate, a small tear drop fell from her eyes.

Getting up from the ground and sighing, she looked down at herself, only to gasp in total confusion and shock.

"Gah!" She yelped after seeing her hands. She only had four fingers! What was even weirder was that her nails had been replaced by long, black claws that looked razor-sharp.

Her gaze then turned towards her feet.

She was flabbergasted at the sight.

They looked like a lion's hind legs, and she had no toes. Only paws and black claws sticking out of them.

Hearing something swish behind her, she looked down at her behind, only to become more dumbfounded.

Where did this tail come from??

It swished and swayed behind her, and it had a tuft of fur at the end of it. Overall, it looked similar to a lion's tail.

Gobsmacked, she then raked her fingers through her hair to try and calm herself down, only to feel them brushing against something soft and furry sticking out from the sides of her head.

"What?!" She shrieked. Were those her ears? How in the world did they get so long and soft?

She didn't even notice that her glasses were starting to fall from how much she was moving around. Making sure she didn't jab herself with her new claws, she pushed her glasses up her nose and blinked a few times, looking around her.

Many odd-looking hybrid creatures were walking around in a distant city, and all of them looked miserable and gloomy.
"Those are...demons?" She thought to herself. "Guess I'm one of them now."

Walking towards the bustling city, she hugged herself and scanned every single thing she could find if she got in danger. This place felt dangerous. Of course it was dangerous. She still couldn't believe she was dead and in Hell. The unbelief swirled in her mind like a whirlwind.

A rumble then rippled through the ground below her, making her thoughts dissipate and her mind snap back to reality. The vibration sent a wave of dread through her, and she looked up at the sky, only to see a massive blimp firing lasers and beams, crushing everything and everyone in its wake.

She could only stand frozen in fear of the strange, out-worldly thing flying in the crimson sky.

Demons of all kinds were being destroyed by this blimp, and she could see from the translucent windows, there were little silhouettes of round creatures scurrying everywhere like they were doing a victory dance. There was a bigger, snake looking silhouette which terrified her even more.

One beam flashed towards her and was about to sizzle her like bacon until a blur of white grabbed her, saving her from a second death.

"What the 🤬 were you doing there?!" A voice screeched. "You coulda' gotten ya'self- wait, I haven't seen ya' before."

Turning her gaze up, she saw a white, spider looking creature that had four arms and a stern yet confused look on his face. He was extremely tall and slim, and he had two sets of arms. A large tuft of fluff was covering his chest, making him look a little feminine.

The demon sighed and crossed all his four arms, slightly bending down to get to her eye-level. "You're new here, right? What's ya' name?" He asked.

"Uh..." She mumbled. "I'm Aria."

"Aria, okay. Good. First things first, never get ya'self into a turf war if you're a newbie." He said. "Second, I'm Angel Dust. Call me Angel, toots."

"Oh, uh...okay, Angel." Aria murmured, looking totally muddled. Angel chuckled a little at her befuddled expression.

"Hey, it's alright. Ya' only need to stay here for a little over a year and you'll fit in in no time. It's crazy, I know. You're dead, you're in Hell. But you'll get used to it." Angel shrugged. "Say, ya' hungry?"

"Uh, maybe?"

"Maybe? Hmm, alright then. This way, sugar tits."

"Sugar tits?" Aria asked, her eyebrows furrowing in even more confusion.

Angel laughed and smacked her back, which made her flinch a little. Her tail stood up almost instantly from shock. "Get used to it, I call everyone that." He snickered.

"Uhhh, okay." Aria said.

_________________________________________

A/N

Stay tuned, folks~

Hehehehe~~ 😈