11: Dad beat Dad Pt.1

It had been two months since the Angel incident, which meant that Extermination Day was nearing even more. In about another two months, the angels will come down and cause destruction and anarchy to the sinners once more.

Charlie was panicking in the lobby, frantically attempting to search for a solution that could promote the Hotel more and prove that redemption was possible. Aria had recommended using a mind map for a more organized plan. But with most sinners awaiting their doom hopelessly from the incoming massacre, the crew had the utmost difficulty in recruiting new guests.

Meanwhile, even though times were not pretty, Aria's bond with Alastor had strengthened so much that she didn't just see him as a guardian. He was also a father figure, who treated her well and taught her all she needed to know to become an Overlord. It had gotten to the point where she'd look forward to being by Alastor's side all day long, just to feel that parental love she never got in life.

Alastor enjoyed Aria's presence immensely as well. He cared for the young lioness as if she were family, as if she were his own flesh and blood. Despite him having some trouble with showing proper affection, there was no doubt that Aria had gained a spot in his black, corrupted heart that made him feel more human than ever before.

So on that particular day, Alastor decided that he was comfortable enough to tell the stories about his past. And to Aria's surprise, he opened up about the tales of his late mother too. She already had a hunch that Alastor was a mama's boy, but never had an idea of just how devoted the man was to his mother.

"My Ma was a wonderful woman, my dear. She would be happy to meet you." Alastor said, tilting his head slightly to glance up at a portrait of his mother hanging on the wall. "Isn't she beautiful?"

Staring at the picture in complete awe, Aria smiled softly and looked towards the deer demon, whose smile had softened significantly after sharing about his mother. "She's so pretty, Alastor." Aria murmured. "What was her name?"

It took a while for Alastor to respond, but once he did, his voice was as quiet as the bayous of Louisiana. A somber look of nostalgia wrote itself across the demon's expression, making him look more vulnerable than ever.

He despised the feeling of being so weak, especially in front of someone he cared so deeply about. Yet because of how calm Aria was, Alastor felt a lot more confortable in sharing about the darkness that enshrouded his past.

The silence in between him and his patient ward was louder than ever until he finally revealed his mother's name. "Abigail." He whispered. "Her name was Abigail, and I'll always remember her."

Aria remained quiet, her tail only flicking here and there occasionally. "What was she like?" She asked as Alastor sat down on his chair, turning his head towards the jade green fireplace.

"She was the most wonderful, kind and brilliant woman I knew, who taught me the ways of a gentleman." He replied. "She loved me to pieces, and I her. My father, however..."

Aria noticed the difficulty Alastor was experiencing when he mentioned his father. A concerned but curious look was on her face as she tilted her head, wanting to hear more coming from this troubled soul.

"He was far from being a kind man." Alastor explained briefly, his eternal grin fading to only a sad little smile. "And this is only one of the reasons why I want to speak to you today, darling. I want to make a promise."

The stag then turned to face Aria and put a gentle, gloved hand on her head, petting her hair tenderly after standing up again. "I swear to never treat you the way my father did to me. Instead of stripping away everything that you could be, I will nurture it and make sure you will harness your greatest potential even in this cesspool we call home. And as your guardian, I promise that I shall care for you just like a daughter and assist you in whatever way I can. This, shall be my vow in the deal we forged."