08: Radio Killed the Video Star Pt.1

It was early in the morning, and Aria had already woken up to a fresh start. Sort of.

With the Extermination happening in a mere 6 months, everyone in Pentagram City was panicking, all in a state of anarchy and apocalyptic dread. Her ears perked up as she heard Charlie rambling about what they could do to stop this in the parlor. Aria herself knew how lethal it was, but nevertheless she was eerily calm. As if she had a hunch that everything might work out, despite the chances being slim.

With her tail flicking up behind her, she caught the smell of coffee coming from a balcony nearby, and some distant, familiar humming of a baritone voice filled with static.

As she walked towards the balcony, Aria found the Radio Demon enjoying his morning coffee by himself. The mug he was using made her giggle, for it had the phrase "Oh Deer" on it.

"Good morning, Alastor!" She greeted him warmly, causing Alastor to turn his head towards her. "How was your sleep?"

His ears perked up with interest when he saw his ward, and his smile softened up just the tiniest bit. "And a good morning to you, my dear Aria! I slept fairly well, and how about you?"

"Like a cub, as usual." She replied, summoning a mug of coffee of her own and sitting in front of Alastor. Her mug had the phrase, "I'm not lion" on it, which caused a chuckle to rumble out of Alastor's chest again. "Ah, nothing beats a good morning chat, right?"

Alastor nodded in agreement. "You are absolutely correct, my fuzzy friend. Especially when I'm chatting with someone as similar to I as you." He responded. "Niffty has been rambling non-stop about crocheting and how good of a friend you are."

Aria's eyes shot up in surprise and delight. "Oh, really now? I'll be damned twice, then." She chuckled, taking a sip of her cappuccino while Alastor sipped on his espresso. "Give my regards to her. She's been nothing but a delight to talk to as well."

Alastor found her fondness for Niffty to be endearing, for he himself was also quite fond of the little cyclops. She was like a daughter to him, albeit her insanity and demented state. But he didn't mind one bit, and nor did Aria. In fact, the young lioness seemed to enjoy it, just like he did. It made his respect for her blossom.

The two continued on their conversation smoothly, with Aria getting to know a bit more about Alastor, and Alastor doing the same. They were so different from each other, yet somehow so similar too. It intrigued Alastor to no end, and brought him an immense amount of entertainment, and for some reason, a bit of relaxation too.

This little lady was like sugar and spice- she could be dangerous and held powerful magic in her hands. But on the other hand, she could be a total sweetheart if she chose, and quite frankly the brightest thing Alastor had ever seen in his dark, hellish life.

In Aria's perspective, Alastor was still a mystery, but one that could be trusted when it comes to friendly chatter or gossiping. She found him to be a bit fruity too, but who cares? This man was the definition of entertainment, and he never failed to make her crack a smile. It was similar to a fun teacher amusing his student with puns and dad jokes.

Yet as they were getting to some juicy parts of gossiping, all of it had to end because of a certain zeppelin flying their direction. Aria looked up and noticed the familiar ship hovering in the sky. Groaning, the young demoness rolled her eyes as her tail flicked about in agitation. "Oh, look who it is. Sir Penis."

"Ho!" Alastor scoffed, laughing at Aria's quip. "My my, poetry! In the best way of course, my dear."

In the distance, Sir Pentious hissed and blasted a hole through the Hotel's wall, expecting Alastor to show up. "Show yoursssself, Alassstor!! Come and face-"