03: A Shared Interest

"Angie, I love you, but can you PLEASE stop leaning on me and whining like some snotty toddler who didn't get his candy?"

Angel didn't budge from his position, leaning all four of his arms on top of Aria's head. "Hmmm, noooo~"

"Oh for fuck's sake." Aria scoffed a little, using all her strength to carry the drunk arachnid. Huffing, she merely plopped him onto one of the sofas at the lobby of the Hotel and dusted her hands.

Angel started to whine again, flapping around his arms like a wild goose. "Ariaaaa!! Carry me to my rooommm pleaaaseee~~ I have foouuurr *hic* new leeegsss that I don't know hoow to uusseeee~~"

"NooOooooO." Aria said, mimicking Angel's slurring tone. She cared for him a lot, that's for sure. But when he gets absolutely wasted like this, he's a complete pain in the rear. "You're lucky that it's me who's mothering you and not the Princess."

"Uggghhh, fineeee. You're *hic* no fuuunn..." Angel raised up a hand in defeat before passing out, instantly snoring away like a truck engine.

Shaking her head and tucking Angel with a thin blanket she summoned, Aria crossed her arms and walked away to let him doze off.

The first two days of staying in the hotel were comfortable enough for the lioness demon, save for Vaggie's strong skepticism. Charlie had been asking her about redemption quite a lot, even though Aria had stated and made clear multiple times that she wasn't seeking it and neither was she interested in the mere concept of rehabilitation. She chalked it up to the Princess being a little too excited about her passion project to stop talking.

The only ones she seemed to get along with at least fairly well were obviously Angel, then Niffty and surprisingly Husker but what made everyone's eyes pop is that she got along with the Radio Demon.

The small one-eyed demon was adorable according to Aria, and was always scurrying around and making sure every corner of the Hotel looked spotless and sanitary. Angel was a blast as always, sassy and loquacious yet sweet and playful at the same time.

Husk gruffiness made him a fun target to tease and prank. The fact that both of them were cats was quite amusing to Aria, and she loved to point it out after a prank, which would most often be replyed to by a huffed "whatever" from the older feline.

And Alastor?

He was by far, yet again, the most interesting demon she had met. Never once has she heard him swear or curse, which was a rare sight in this cesspool they called home. He always had this massive grin that never seemed to waver, no matter what mood he was in. His crimson red eyes were very expressive, which was enough to show what emotions he felt in a certain moment.

But what exactly did let them get along so well? Well, the answer was made clear after Angel Dust got a good tell-off by Charlie for getting wasted that badly. Aria had walked off to one of the balconies to get some fresh air and serenity for herself a few moments after the arachnid demon passed out on the couch.

Looking down at the bustling streets of the city, she spotted many demons smoking, drinking, and minding their own business. Occasionally there would be some loud shouts of "get out of the way!" or "move, bitch!", which wasn't a peculiar sight by now.

With a sigh, she leaned further onto the railing of the balcony before looking up into the crimson red sky of Hell, which threatened to turn dark fuchsia since it was nighttime. A sense of nostalgia washed through the young lioness' body out of nowhere, yet she welcomed it.

"We'll meet again..." She started to hum. That song was one of her favorites, and whenever she was alone or felt like it, Aria would sing it to herself. "Don't know where, don't know when..."