02: The Hazbin Hotel

(one day later...)

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Aria screeched. "No no no no no no..."

In front of her was a massive pile of rubble and dust, which was supposed to be her humble abode in the northwest side of Pentagram City. The once fairly large bungalow she lived in was now nothing but dirt.

"How could this happen?!" She lividly wondered out loud to herself. Chalking it up to the recently frequent turf wars, she yelled out in frustration, pulling out some of her hair.

Now she's gotta find another home, which would be a difficult challenge, since this part of the city was extremely crowded, and so new houses would almost be impossible to find.

What to do? It was too dangerous for Aria to live on the streets. And she would never stay in a stranger's house, let alone befriend one. Having no other choice, she took out her phone and called Angel Dust, since he was the closest to where she lived.

"Heya toots," Angel said on the other side of the phone. "Anything ya' need?"

Aria sighed. "Look, I'll just get straight to the point. I need a new place to stay. My house has been crushed to pieces."

"WHAT?!" Angel screamed. "Uh, okay. How the fuck did that happen?"

"I asked the same thing. Ugh, probably another turf war." Aria grumbled, her tail flicking in annoyance. "It's- uugh. It's complete horseshit."

"Eh, geez. That sounds awful as fuck. Sorry that happened, Ari." Angel said, his voice a little apologetic.

Shaking her head, she replied, "Not your fault. But uh, you mentioned a Happy Hotel you were staying rent-free on the west side of the city, right? Is there any more room there?"

"You're gonna stay here? At the Hazbin Hotel?" He asked, a hint of excitement in his tone now. "And yeah there's plenty o' room 'ere, trust me."

"Wait, 'Hazbin' Hotel?"

Angel nodded. "Yep, Happy changed to Hazbin for some reason."

"Hm. So yeah, I'm going there. I got no other choice."

"Well come over and make ya'self comfy. I'll tell the staff that there's a guest comin'."

"Alright. Thanks, Angie." A small smile of gratitude creeped up Aria's face.

"Anytime, babe."

Ending the call, Aria took a deep breath and started her journey to the west side of the city. It wasn't too far, and it only took around 15 minutes of walking to arrive at the massive hotel.

Shades of red and gold covered the ginormous building, with stained glass window pictures of apples and snakes. A ridiculously large ship was sticking out on the left side of the hotel while a blimp with the face resembling a shark stuck out on the middle right. On the top left, a small radio station connected to the roof of the hotel. It had a neon sign that said "On Air", but it wasn't on.

A carousel was on the bottom right of the building, which made Aria wonder who in the right mind would add that to a hotel in Hell. In addition, there was also a train in the middle of the establishment, which looked quite old and tattered. On the very top was the big sign, "Hazbin Hotel", and just below it was a stained glass window that was shaped like an open eye.

Approaching the massive Hotel, she hesitated to knock on the door.

The lioness demon felt a little nervous. She wasn't the best in making friends, and hearing that the Princess herself ran this establishment made her panic a little. Albeit she heard that Charlie was quite bubbly and a little too kind for her own good, she still wanted to make a good impression.