12.5: Welcome to Hell Pt.2

"What..." Aria whimpered, trembling in fear as Birsha slowly approached her. The young lioness' tears continued to cascade down her cheeks, mixing with the pool of blood coming from her wound. She scrunched her nose from the iron-like smell, her eyes glowing a blood red once again. "Why are you here?"

(i forgot to flip the artwork before i colored it so Aria's hairstyle is so wrong😭)

Birsha merely chuckled and bent down, reloading his gun before reaching out to grasp her chin. "Oh, Aria. I taught you better than this. Have you forgotten to be respectful towards your elders?" He said, a cold, intimidating glint shining in his eyes that contradicted the gentleness of his touch.

Aria knew how manipulative Birsha was, but even though she tried to ignore that fact, she couldn't. All those years of living under his dictator-like roof caused her to have an almost natural response to his words. Her body instinctively curled away from her uncle out of fear. "I... I'm sorry." She gasped, feeling her entire body starting to grow cold from the loss of blood. "Uncle..."

The hyena demon let go of Aria's chin and gave her a sickly sweet grin. "Thatta girl~" He taunted, paying little attention to how weak his niece was right then. "I knew I'd find you down here, sooner or later. With all that you've done up on Earth, Iblis was sure to drag you to where you belong."

Aria continued to gasp for breath, clenching her fists as she fought desperately to stay awake. As much as she wanted to just teleport away, her body was too weak to execute that much power. Birsha continued his villain-y speech with a condescending glare. "You've sinned since your childhood, Nak. And I'm here to finish what I have started." He growled, pointing his gun to Aria's head.

"You wouldn't." Aria choked, her breaths ragged and uneven from the loss of blood. "You wouldn't dare kill your own sister's daughter."

Birsha scoffed and wheezed with sadistic amusement. "After what you did to her? And your poor father?! Hah! She'd be proud of me to take revenge on you. I've learned so much since I came down here all those months ago, and you know what? It was all worth it. All my hard work." He pressed the gun's head forcefully to Aria's head, right where her yellow bow protruded out.

"What do you mean, all your hard work?!" Aria yelled out, tasting her own blood on her tongue. Her vision became hazy and unfocused, yet she was still conscious enough to understand what was going around her. "Don't tell me..."

Even though her memories with her parents were scarce, Aria knew that during her early childhood, there were a lot of wildfires along LA. But they never came close to Chinatown, so why did the house catch on fire back then? Fighting her weakening consciousness, Aria struggled to connect the dots, but eventually she did, and that caused her horns to protrude from her crown. "You... You set the house of fire."

"Betul, sayangku. Betul! (Correct, my dear. Correct!)" The hyena demon cackled, his voice cracking to the point of insanity. "I did cause the fire. But you could've saved both your parents! They could've lived happily ever after and you'd never become the monster that you are now. Look at yourself, Aria. Would Mommy and Daddy be proud of you after what you've done?!"