13.5: Hello Rosie Pt.2

Once the three demons had left the Hotel and its residents behind, Charlie began to go on a roll of babbling about her relationship with Vaggie, and how she felt. Aria understood that such a thing would definitely frustrate a couple and strain their trust at least a bit, however she wasn't looking forward to the never-ending string of complaints. And neither was Alastor.

"Three years!" Charlie ranted as Alastor escorted her and his ward Aria down the streets of the Pride Ring. "Three years I've been sharing my life with her, and I tell her everything! My hopes, my dreams, my insecurities..."

Glancing up at her beloved guardian, Aria noticed that this was the closest she could get in seeing Alastor's smile drop yet. His ruby red eyes were half lidded in sheer, absolute boredom, and so was her own expression too. As the two went on with accompanying the Princess, Alastor took off his monocle and cleaned it with his sleeve, while Aria dusted off some debris from her shoulders. Sharing a glance with the older demon, Aria matched his appearance with nothing but ennui written all over her face.

"...my embarrassing habits, even what deodorant I like, and she keeps something like this, from me?! Why would she lie for so long?! Did she think I wouldn't accept her? What about me—me says un-understanding—  Misunderstanding— dis-under, wait what-" Charlie paused her blabbering to take a look around the location in which Alastor had led her to. "Where are we?"

Alastor's grin returned by full force as he opened up his arms, gesturing to the town around them. "Cannibal Town! There's a friend of mine I think you should meet."

A gasp left Aria's lungs. "Wait, is it her?" She questioned excitedly, her eyes glimmering with enthusiasm to meet that elegant, warm Overlord once again. Alastor chuckled and nodded in reply, to which the young lioness responded with a tiny squeal.

"In Cannibal Town? But it's..." Charlie asked, noticing the friendly atmosphere the residents seemed to display. Strangers greeted each other with bright smiles, and children frolicked around without a care in the world. "Surprisingly nice here." She smiled a bit.

"Isn't it though? And I believe it's all thanks to a very special someone." Aria beamed, linking her arm with Charlie's while Alastor did the same with her other arm. Alastor then took the lead once more in guiding the two ladies into Rosie's Emporium, where a long line of demons were waiting at the door.

The Radio Demon then opened the door for Charlie and Aria to walk in first before he entered the establishment after them. Right in the middle of the lobby was the Cannibal Overlord herself, Rosie, who was at her desk speaking to a young demoness with an affable tone.

"Well, who hasn't thought about eating their first husband alive?" Her lively tone chirped. "I certainly would've if he didn't taste so bad. Haha! I'll tell ya what, you bring ol' tall, dark and armless to me and I'll straighten him right out for you. Okay, sweetie? Here's my card and don't forget to contact me! I'm always here to listen."

After Rosie presented her business card to the cannibal demoness, her gaze shifted to notice Alastor, Aria and Charlie staring right back at her. "Oh. My. Stars! Do my eyes deceive me?" She gasped, peeking through the crowd to greet her old friend and his ward.

"Alastor? Alastor! And Aria too?! Where have you two been?" The Cannibal Overlord then made herself a way through the sea of demons to greet Aria first, bringing her into her arms for a sweet, tight hug. The young lioness giggled and hugged back, a sliver of affection lingering in their embrace. "Look at you, still so slim and bony! You must be starving- has Alastor been feeding you anything at all?!" Rosie broke away from the hug briefly to check on Aria's body, turning her left and right.

"I'm fine, Rosie. Truly. But thank you for asking." Aria replied, letting herself be spun around a bit by the oh so motherly Overlord, feeling a warm sensation clog up a small hole in her heart that she didn't even know existed. "Alastor's been treating me well."