01: Turf wars

(A year after the pilot...)

Explosions after explosions burst throughout Pentagram City. Sinners were scurrying around everywhere, wailing and screaming in fear.

It was Extermination Day once more.

Angels with masks of emotionless smiles darted from the sky, aiming their spears at the sinners and killing them without remorse. The ones fortunate enough to live, or live for now, hid inside collapsing buildings.

In one basement, two female sinners hid from the massacre, huddling close. One was Aria, and the other was a pale-skinned cyclops sinner named Cherri Bomb.

Aria sighed. "My God, can't this day just end already? My ears are ringing from the yelling outside." The lioness demon hugged her knees and grumbled under her breath, sitting at the edge of the bed.

"We still have 10 hours left to go, Ari. You okay?" Cherri asked, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Aria gave a slight nod and a faint smile. "Yea. But why does this day have to exist, though? I mean, it just doesn't make any sense."

"I know." Cherri laid on the mattress, staring up at the ceiling. "It doesn't make sense to me either. But from what I know, it's because of the overpopulation in the Pride Ring. More specifically, Pentagram City."

"Wait, don't sinners pass away like- ohh." Aria said, finally understanding the situation. A heavy sigh escaped her. "Well, I guess this is one of the punishments we have to endure for our sins, huh?"

"Eyup." Cherri nodded. "You're quite chill for someone who's going through her first Extermination, though. Nice job."

Aria chuckled a little, rubbing her knees. "Eh, thanks I guess."

"Say, do you know where's Angie gone to? I haven't seen him in ages." Aria asked curiously, tilting her head. Her ears followed the movement of her head, slightly flopping to the right.

Cherri shook her head, her eye drooping down in concern. "No clue. I haven't heard from him either. But he can take care of himself. At least when he's not too drunk or high. He's that kind of person who doesn't take shit from anyone."

"True, true." Aria nodded along, pushing up her glasses.

As the hours passed, the day finally came to an end. There were many clear areas, so it was the perfect opportunity for many sinners to claim even more turfs.

On the west side of Pentagram city, Cherri Bomb and Aria stood at the edge of their turf, smiling widely.

"No sign of intruders here, Cherri." Aria said, crossing her arms. Her tail flicked in agreement.

"Great. I guess my territory is safe and sound- oh fuck."

The sound of a familiar explosion caught their attention. A blimp was flying through the crimson sky, and it made Aria roll her eyes in annoyance.

"Not again," she complained. "That old snake can't get enough of 'power', huh?"

"Yup. It's Sir Pentious alright," Cherri nodded, taking out a small, pink bomb. "Or should I say, SIR EDGELORD!!"

With one, big swing of her arm, she flung the bomb towards the blimp, making the front glass break and the inside cover with smoke.

"I'll get inside and you attack the outside, alright?" Cherri ordered, grinning as she jumped and climbed into the floating ship.

"Copy that." Aria smirked, getting ready to blast off the blimp.

_________________________________________