10.5: Masquerade Pt.2

Angel Dust had returned to the Hotel, worn out and exhausted from his long night. A headache rang through his head, making him groan and hold his head in his hands.

Valentino had made him work all night, filming nonstop and without a slice of respite. Although Angel could choose to rebel, he knew it would end up in his death, for he had sold his soul to Val already. Disobedience was not an option, and there was nothing he could do to change it.

After so many films and constant abuse from both Valentino and other actors, forgetting it all with the help of a few drinks felt like the best option then. So, the first thing Angel did after stepping into the lobby was head straight to the bar.

Seeing him come back at least in one piece, Charlie sighed in relief and awkwardly waved at Angel, only to be ignored by him. Just then, Aria had gone down the stairs and furrowed her brows in concern at the sight of her best friend being so tired. She slowly approached him, but decided it was best to not say anything yet.

Angel dropped himself on a stool in front of the bar's counter, alerting Husk. "Ugh. I need a drink. The hardest one you can make. Right now." The spider demon ordered as Aria came and sat next to him.

"Hm. You look like a total mess." Husk replied, frowning but obliging to Angel's request. The winged cat got two bottles of liquor and started to mix them.

Aria held herself back from putting a hand on Angel's shoulder and sighed. "Angie, are you alright? Did something happen?" She asked in a gentle tone, concern written all over her face as she looked at her best friend.

Taking a deep breath, Angel regained his cocky smile and gently patted Aria's back. "Pfft, I'm fine. And me, looking like a mess? Impossible. Just a long shoot, nothing new." He chuckled, not really convincing the two feline demons.

Rolling his eyes, Husk poured the liquor into a glass, which Angel snatched away immediately. The spider demon took one big gulp of the alcohol, a small portion of it accidentally spilling on Aria's pants. She flinched in discomfort, cringing at the feeling of the liquid soaking a bit of her fur, which was not at all pleasing.

"Whoops! My bad, toots." Angel apologized before turning his head around to glare at Husk. "But I said a strong one. An actual drink this time."

Raising an eyebrow in slight surprise, Husk turned to pour a second glass, with the same liquor he made initially. "Excuse me." He said, frowning once again. "Didn't realize this was a 'drink to forget' kind of night."

Aria looked over once more and leaned a bit closer to Angel, her ears drooping down. "You never drink this much, Angie." She murmured. "What are you trying to forget?"

"Oh, I get it. You're the wise, old bartender who's seen it all. Get over yourself and pour me a real drink." Angel scoffed, mainly at Husk. He flailed his arms around mockingly before using his index finger to tip the glass, pouring out the drink all across the counter. Then, he turned to Aria. "And you worry too much about me, mia amica. I appreciate that you care, but I just... ugh. Forget it." He sighed, wanting to be as friendly as possible to Aria but not finding the strength in himself to do so.

Husk frowned even more, knitting his eyebrows and wiping away the spilled alcohol. "Look, if you have a problem, you're not going to find the solution at the bottom of a bottle." He reprimanded. "I should know. I've been looking there for a long time.

Hearing this, Angel took a deep breath and smoothed his hair back. Thinking that this was a good time to flirt and forget about everything, the spider demon leaned over the counter. "Oh, and where should I look, hmm?" He purred, shaking his shoulders in a suggestive manner. "In your bedroom, maybe? Under the covers? Maybe we can go look together~"