12: Welcome to Hell Pt.1

Year: 2003
Date: October 24
Place: Chinatown, LA, California
Aria's age: 4

(Aria's POV)

I woke up to a very bad smell. It smelled like rotten wood, and I felt really, really hot. I opened my eyes to see smoke! It was so, so, so scary. I didn't know what to do.

Mommy and Daddy needed to know this. They could save us, because they are superheroes! I got out of my bed and opened the door to see more smoke. It made me cough and my eyes were starting to cry. But I had to go inside Mommy and Daddy's room.

"Mommy! Daddy!" I said. I climbed on their bed and shook them, trying to make them wake up. I coughed, and then I yelled. "There's smoke! Wake up!"

They woke up and panicked. Mommy screamed when she saw the smoke and covered me with her warm arms. I love her! "Aria! Thank goodness you woke us up. Now, now, we have nothing to be afraid of, okay?"

"Okay, Mommy!" I smiled. But Daddy looked very scared, and so did Mommy.

"We have to go, now!" Daddy cried, getting us out of bed. But as we got to the bedroom door, we found out that it was blocked with fire.

I loved fire! It was so warm, and it looked so pretty! I wiggled out of Mommy's hug to play with the fire, but she screamed at me. "Aria, no!! Don't go there!"

I was scared, but I listened to Mommy. Mommy picked me up again as she and Daddy tried to find a way out.

"No, no... All the doors are on fire. We can't get out!!" Daddy yelled, while Mommy started to cry.

I didn't like seeing Mommy cry. "Oh, oh, what do we do?!" She sobbed. "There's no way out!"

"Don't cry, Mommy!" I said, wiping her tears away before coughing even more. "You and Daddy are superheroes. Superheroes never cry! I believe in you and Daddy."

Mommy and Daddy coughed and looked at me, crying but smiling. They hugged me, and I hugged back. I coughed as well from the heavy smoke.

"Oh no, Aria... we can't have you taking in all this smoke..." Daddy said sadly. Then, a sparkle glowed in his eyes as he looked at a window. It was very broken.

"Sweetheart, hand her over to me. It's our only chance." He said, taking me into his arms. I loved it when Daddy held me, and I rubbed my nose on his shoulder while giggling.

Mommy cried even harder. She followed Daddy to the window and cried out. "Somebody, help! Help!"

"Shhh, sweetheart. We have to save her." Daddy said. He was crying as well. I had a very, very bad feeling in my heart.

"Daddy, what do you mean?" I asked, before Daddy held me closer.

"I love you, darling. Mommy and Daddy love you so much..."

He threw me out the window.

I screamed out.

"Daddy!!!"

Suddenly, all I could see was black.

___________________________________________________

"Kiddo, kiddo. Can you see us?"

I woke up again, and my head hurt a lot. Two big, strong firefighters were looking down at me. All of my body was hurting. I started to cry, because now I hated fire. It made Mommy and Daddy throw me away.