Part 14 + Annoucement

Heyy guys!! So, yourgirlnana21 has helpfully and very kindly made an amazing cover for the new Jercy fanfic I'm planning to release!! Thanks for that, yourgirlnana21!So, the title, as y'all can see, is 'I think we'll survive'. I'll start writing right away. The pic above is the cover for the story! Hope y'all will like it. (PS, how the effing hell did I get 315+ views?! Y'all are awesome. Love y'all!) Also, shout out to my amazhang 11 followers! Love y'all soooo much! Sadly, this is going to be one of the final chapters, and this book is coming to an end soon. Anyways, on with it!

#TW: MENTIONS OF ABUSE, PHYSICALLY AND SEXUALLY. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK#

Nico:

I woke up at three am, in the middle of the night, panting and crying. The nightmare had really shook me up. Dam, I thought. These nightmares have a really weird effect on me. I wiped my eyes, and looked around. Percy and Jason were still sleeping. Together. I thought bitterly. On the same bed.

I shook my head, and ran my fingers through my tangled hair, in an attempt to straighten it out. I sighed, and looked at Percy once more. He was twitching, and turning in his bed. Jason had his back towards him and was fast asleep, the asshole. I tried to shake Percy awake.

'Hey Perce. Perce! Percy! Get up!' I said, my voice steadily increasing as his twitching became worse. He suddenly gasped aloud, and sat up straight, almost banging our heads together. He was shivering violently. I called out to him, my voice feeling distant to my ears. 'Hey. You... okay?'

He looked at me, his eyes holding none of the bravery and light or sarcasm, holding none of the expressions we had come to expect from him. His eyes were half lidded, vulnerable, and were full of fear. 'G- G- Gabe?' He whispered. 'No, no Perce. It's me, it's Nico. Its Nico. Errr... Gabe isn't here.' I replied back to him.

'He- he- he's not?' He asked me timidly. It broke my heart to see him like this. 'No, perce. He isn't. It's just you, and me, and Jason. No one else. Gabe is not here anymore. You're safe with me.'

'But-but-'

'No, Perce, it was a dream. Just a dream.'

'But he- he- he'll-'

'He'll what, Percy?'

'But he'll touch me. And hit me, and hurt mom again. Please, protect  me, Nico. Please...'

It took me a moment to let his words sink in. And when it did, I hugged him. So, my suspicions were correct. Percy was abused in his childhood. Physically and... Sexually. Bile rose up in my throat, but I forced it down as a vision appeared in my mind, of a small Percy running to escape a man, features and Characteristics unknown, when that man hit him with a belt, and then..... groped him. And made him do... things.

I really had to stop myself from throwing up at that point. I gave a long gasp, only to realise Percy had been crying all this time, and had now fallen asleep. I took him to my bed. (I did it in a friendly way. Unintentionally. Stop fan girling! I can literally see you squealing and smirking. I repeat, UNINTENTIONALLY!!) That's a lot, I thought. Even for a guy like Perce, its too much. He's been through too much. I sighed, tucking his hair behind his ears, and twirling his beautiful luscious black hair in my fingers.

'I wish I could save you.... I'm so sorry I hadn't been there for you. I thought you had it good, but,' I paused. '...but you had the worst childhood I've ever seen. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm so, so, so, so, so sorry, babe.' I didn't realize I had put my arms around him, until I stopped speaking. I suddenly withdrew my arms. Babe? Babe?! Did I just fucking call Percy Jackson Babe?! 

Oh my gods. OHMYGODS. Is he seriously smiling at me?! Ohmygodsohmygodsohmygods! I am dying. Oh my gods. Okay, okay, calm down, Nico. Calm down. He's just probably trying to comprehend the meaning of the oh-so-near-but-oh-so-far word I had just spoken. But is he really smiling at me? I still can't believe I called Percy Babe. I looked at him, the confusion being apparent in my face. He chuckled lightly, and sniffled. 'It's fine, Neeks. I..... I..... I think I might love you.'

Okay, I am officially in heaven. Because what the heck? There's no absolute freaking way that Percy Jackson even likes me, much less loves me. (No, I did not forget our kiss in my cabin. I just, couldn't believe it when he actually said that.) I continued looking at him quizzically, and he blushed under my gaze. 'Did you actually mean that, Perce?' He nodded his head. He nodded his head. 'I- I did. But I just didn't tell you this before because I had no idea how you would react, and I didn't wanna lose anymore friends,and you're the only one I have left, my- my one true friend, and i just- you're just so cool, and I just caught feelings somehow, and I.... I can't even accept myself, pathetic little piece of shit that I am, and...'

I kissed him. What? Don't look at me like that. 'You were ranting. I had to shut you up somehow.' I whispered softly in his ear, nibbling at it. He sighed contentedly, as though the weight of the world had been lifted off of his shoulders. Maybe it had. I didn't realize when Jason woke up. He looked at us, with red puffy eyes, and a blotchy face from crying. 

'Jason....' I started, but he cut me off. 'Don't you both even dare. Don't you even-' He sighed resignedly, as though he had been expecting this to happen. 'I knew it. I just wished I hadn't got my hopes up so high. I can't really handle him. I.... I mean I can, but hejust seems so happy with you. And he's just.... awkward around me. I- I'll just stay single, cuz, well, I broke up with Piper, because I thought I could be with you, finally be with you, but,' He looked at me, with a bit of... awe? 'It seems Nico here already has a pretty good chance with you.'

'Jason, I'm sorry. It just... happened so fast, and the gods are involved, and I just... well, caught feelings for the both of you. What do I do now?' Percy said. We looked at each other. Suddenly, Jason growled. I turned to see what had Jaosn seen, when I began to growl, too. A mix of Akhyls and Aphrodite. The main cause of our problems, stood there, twirling Riptide in her hand, looking like the exact replica of Percy. 'Aphryls!' All three of us shouted.

Heyyy, so, really bad chapter. I think. But these past 4 chapters, I think? Have been totally filled with angst and misery and sadness, and just, well, plain ole Depression. Don't worry, I still have a couple more chapters planned, probably till part 20 or 25, something. Till that time, I'm gonna work on 'I think we'll survive.' Oh, yeah. And this story will probably be on hold for like, a few weeks. Sory, not sorry. (OMG, 1217 words. Jeez people.)So, take care of yourselves, y'all. And do go follow sadiquayousuff, she's writing a sci- fi. Love y'all!

Toodles!