the beginning

[12:03 am]

|Raj|

I'm not sure how I got through the gate. You can honestly tell the security anything and he'll let you through.

I glided my hands across the pretty buttons of the elevator. Tears escaped my eyes, making my vision blurry. I used bottom of my palm to quickly wipe them away.

Just as I reached to press the rooftop button someone slid their hand in between the closing door.

"Aye, wait up!" A nicely built guy around my age called out.

I moved back, giving him room to enter. Attached to his hand was another person, a woman. She had long blond hair that was a little ruffled up. Once they entered the smell of alcohol filled the elevator.

"We're going to the twelfth floor." He said pressing the button without giving me a chance to respond.

I backed completely into the corner, observing the two caress each other.

"You're so fine, Amber.."

"My names Ashley!" She giggled, playfully hitting his chest.

I tried my best to hold in my sniffles from my previous crying but there was no use. I sniffled, making the girl immediately looked over.

"Are you ok?" She slurred with a concerned look on her face. She reached out and touched my eyelid with her finger tip, "Don't cry..."

I stood there silently as the guy and I finally made eye contact. He broke away from my eyes, his roaming my body. I quickly looked away wishing that their floor was near. When it came they left out without a word.

I took a deep breath and quickly pressed for the rooftop.

Minutes later, I felt the New York night air on my skin. I slowly stepped out of the elevator to find loud laughing. Looking around, I saw a group of guys talking with drinks in their hands. They quieted down once they saw me but eventually continued their conversation.

"Why?" I whispered looking up at the night sky.

I walked around the rooftop waiting for the group to leave. Piece by piece they started to depart.

I looked down at my watch. 12:47

Nothing could be heard but the sounds of the night. Cars swooshing by, an animal here or there, the wind.

I walked to the edge off the building and peeked over. My heart immediately started racing. I was thirty stories high. Not a big deal if you're comparing it to other buildings in New York. Huge deal if you're jumping.

I took a deep breath. My hands were shaking as I climbed onto the edge. I decided to take a seat. I'll be dead either way, I figured.

Then the tears started to flow. Oh, how they flowed; uncontrollably and didn't have the strength to wipe them.

James, the abortion, cancer, heartache

Everything played back in my mind. I wanted to scream. I did scream. I was gaining strength, making myself upset and my adrenaline was rushing more than it ever has. I️ started to feel like it was time to fly away—

ding.

The elevator doors opened. I did a half turn to look and out steps the guy from earlier. I quickly wiped my tears away and sit completely still.

"Hey, what are doi— oh shit..." I heard behind me. I heard footsteps approaching me.

"Don't come any closer, please." I said pleading, my voice shaking.

"Ok, I'll stay right here just don't jump." He said in a somewhat calm voice.

"I want to jump..." I said, turning back around and looking down at the cars below me.

"No! Don't do that, Wont someone miss you? What about your mom? " He rambled, holding his hands up.

"She's dead." I mumbled, continuing to stare at the road.

"Well, what about your dad, your boyfriend, somebody is going to miss you!" He declared, his heart beating out of his chest.

"No, nobody will miss me...." I trailed off, becoming more tempted to jump.

"Um, well, I'll miss you."

I sat up straight and turned slightly to look at him. He stood about twenty feet away from me. He had on very expensive chains and designer shoes. His jeans hugged his skin but sagged at the same time. His hair was dyed at the top a blondish color and cut off on the sides like a Mohawk.

"I don't know you a-and you don't know me

"I don't know you a-and you don't know me." I said in a questioning tone.

"I'm Odell, I'm a football player for the Giants. I have a lot of money. I'll buy you anything you want. Just please don't jump. He begged, holding his stomach like he felt sick.

"I'm not interested in your money. Why do you care anyway?" I replied, turning from the large city.

"Because, I—" he dry heaved, "Jesus, I'm about to be sick. Please don't jump. I don't know what your going through but I can get you help. We can just talk if you want to. Just don't jump." He got himself together and I let out a light chuckle.

He seemed confused but went along with it. I could see he was making slow steps towards me.

"What's your name?" He asked softly.

"Raj.." I heard myself say.

In quick motion, I felt myself being pulled off the edge of the building before falling to the ground. I opened my eyes to see Odell nervously sweating on top of me.

"Raj..." He said trying to catch his breath.

>>>>>

I'm editing this entire series, chapter by chapter. Hopefully, there will be gifs and correct grammar in store for all of you.

Thanks for reading! ❤️