chapter nine

a good night.

|Raj|

When I got home Odell's little party wasn't over. The second I opened the door, all I could hear was whatever circus was happening in his bedroom.

I quickly went into the guest bedroom and shut the door. I could still hear moans but they were faint. I took my heels off and threw them onto the floor.

I honestly had a good time. I haven't gotten out the house like that in over two years. I felt refreshed. I was hoping I would've been able to enjoy it with Odell but it just didn't happen that way. Rueben was very nice and I could tell he was feeling me, but I wasn't attracted to him.

I felt a little goofy for thinking I could hang with Odell. The club made me realize how big of a deal he actually was. People were happy just to be in the same area as him. It made me feel small, honestly.

The little crush I was developing was silly. I took so long shopping because I really wanted to really impress him. I wanted him not to see me so depressed, maybe not see me as charity.

My plan was to no avail because the entire night his friends entertained me while he entertained everyone else.

I laid back in bed, refusing to leave my bedroom to take a shower. I'll just wait until the morning, when his friends were gone.

I changed into my pajamas and got comfortable in bed. I turned the tv on and made the volume loud as possible, drowning out any unwanted sounds coming from Odell's bedroom.

Eventually, I started to doze off but I did hear my door slowly open. I remained completely still and pretended to be sleep. I heard him turn the volume to my tv down and come over to my side of the bed. He bent down and kissed my forehead and whispered, "Good night, Raj. I'm proud of you." before turning my light out and shutting my door.