Chapter Twenty Six

Raj.

"This is my bed!" I squealed excitedly jumping on his bed.

"Yes, baby. This your bed." Odell said laughing. I stopped jumping and plopped on the bed. This feels so good.

"After all this time.." He said said gazing at me.

"What?" I said letting out a light chuckle.

"It's just....I never thought you would finally be mine." He said getting in bed beside me.

"Really? Why not." I asked cuddling up beside him.

"If anything I thought you'd have been Rueben's.."

"Rueben's?" I asked amused.

"Yea, that boy was in love the first time he saw you!" We burst out laughing thinking about when at met Rueben at the club.

"You know the first thing I want to do?" I asked with joy in my voice.

"What's that, babe?"

"Turn my old room into a second closet." I chuckled to myself.

"Where did you get that idea?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Ehh, just a thought."

Eventually we grew quiet and we both just stared at the ceiling. I felt his hand slide into mine and squeeze it.

"For as long as I live, I'll never make you cry again. I'll protect you will all of my heart and pick you up as many times as you need to be picked up..." He said softly, breaking the silence.

I looked over at him to see a tear rolling down his face. I wiped it away and made him look into my eyes.

"You are my hero, Odell."