Chapter Eighteen

When I got home Odell and Taylor were fast asleep on the couch. They looked so cute but I remember that smart ass remark she made so time to wake up.

"AHHHH!!!!" I screamed. Odell's eyes shot open and he quickly hopped off the couch causing Taylor to fall in the ground. I'm so wrong.

"What's wrong?" He asked with his eyes wide.

"I thought I saw a spider. False alarm." I said with that 'Oops' look. He just put his hand over his heart and helped Taylor off the floor.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!?" She screamed. She's a little cranky. ¿Por Que?

"Relax. I'm going to bed now." I said making my way to my door. She mugged me as I walked from the front door to my bedroom door.
___________________________

The next morning I woke up to a knock on my door. Odell appeared with coffee in his hands. He sat on the edge of my bed and handed me a cup. I sat up in my bed curious as why he was in my room.

"So how was your date last night?" He asked sipping his coffee. I raised an eyebrow at him shocked that he cared. I sat the cup on my nightstand and clasped my hands together.

"Well, Mr.Beckham, it was very lovely. I'm glad you asked." I said giving him a smile. He nodded his head slowly.

"So you're going back to him?" I asked nonchalantly catching me off guard.

"Um no. I didn't plan on it." I with a confused grin forming on my face. "Why? Do you not want me to?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I mean you're grown, you can do what you want but I just remember where we were a couple months ago..." I quickly peered out the door giving him a look like he was crazy.

"She's not here, relax." He said placing his hand on my leg that was under the cover. My eyes shot to his hand and he pulled it away. I wanted him to keep his hand thee but I couldn't help but look.

"Yes, I remember where I was a few months ago but I've promised myself to never go back there. I'm stronger now. Thanks to you." I said after a while of silence.

There was something in the air this morning. A strange feeling that caused the butterflies in my stomach to go crazy.

"I just worry about you. You mean a lot to me and I don't want anything to hurt you." He said avoiding eye contact.

I leaned over and grabbed his face pulling it to face me. We were staring into each other's eye.

"Thank you, Odell. I promise I won't let anything hurt me." I said still holding on to his face.

His eyes then wondered away from mine and examined my face. They seemed to stop at my lips. The only noise in the room was our breathing that seemed to suddenly get louder.

His face was already inches away from mine so he just closed the gap. The lips I had dreamed of for so long were suddenly on mine slowly killing me.

I felt like I was in a dream that I would wake up from and never see again. No, this was real. He placed his hand on the side of my face and leaned on top of me.

Just as things started to he up, he pulled away. He quickly got off my bed and places his hands on the back of his head.

I just looked up at him not knowing what to say. Not wanting to say anything. Disappointed that he had stopped.

"I have to go to practice..." He finally said trying to avoid my eyes. "..Enjoy your coffee." He said before leaving the room.