Chapter Twenty Five

Raj.

So I know what I need to do. Even though James and I having getting along lately, I realized that he came at a time that I was bummed about Odell.

He was a distraction for me to get my mind off of Odell. He took my mind off the problem at hand.

Now I see that even though I will always have love for him, we are not meant to be. I'm in love with someone else and that's who I need to be with.

James did help me, though. He helped me come to terms with my past. I'm not running from it anymore. I'm not depressed about it. I'm free.

"So, what's up?" He asked once he was seated inside my motel room. I asked him to come so I could speak to him.

"James, seeing you again has been so crazy to me. I didn't know what I would do when I saw you again." I paused looking into his eyes.

"You were my first everything and because of that you will always hold a special place in my heart." He moved his eyes away from mine as if he knew what I was about to say.

"I'm so thankful for seeing you again, you've helped me in ways you'll never know, but, I'm in love with someone else."

He looked back into my eyes and I tried to read his face but I couldn't. He slowly nodded his head turning the corners of his mouth down.

"I only want you to be happy, Raj." He said simply.

"I know and I want the same for you. I appreciate everything you've given me and everything you've shown me and I know some woman will be very lucky to have you one day." I said sincerely.

He got out of his seat and made his way to the door. Before he walked out the door he turned and looked at me one last time.

"Goodbye, Rajuri Hamilton."

"Goodbye, James Fisher."