Chapter Twenty Seven

One Year Later.

"Mrs. Beckham, how did you feel about your Odell's season?" A TMZ reporter asked as I walked out of a store.

"Odell never fails to make me proud." I said with a smile and got into my car.

Fifteen minutes later I arrived at our condominium. I passed the guard and went to the elevator. Looking at the buttons, I was feeling different today.

Before I could stop myself I pressed the button for the rooftop. A couple minutes later the doors opened with the New York night air on my skin. I stepped out and it was completely silent.

I looked around the rooftop. I hadn't been up here since the night I met Odell. I had avoided it.

I walked around a little, feeling the breeze through my hair. Then I heard the elevator ding. I turned to see Odell step out of it.

We made eye contact and he walked over to me. Without saying a word he wrapped his arm around my neck and placed his head on mine.

"How did you know I was up here?" I said looking up at him.

"Had a feeling." He said simply. I just nodded my head and looked out to the city.

"Because you have a heart..." I said quietly.

"Because I have a heart..."
----------------------------------------------
The End

What did you think?