Chapter Sixteen

"I don't think I'm going to go.." I told Lauren and Tiffany as we were taking boxes to the supply closet at the mall.

"Why? Because Odell doesn't want you to? Him not wanting you to go has nothing to do this you and James' past. He's just being selfish. He doesn't want to see with someone." Tiffany said giving her opinion.

"But that doesn't make sense. Odell and I aren't like that. He's up under Taylor all the time anyway. He wouldn't even notice if I wasn't around." I said with a shrug.

"You are delusional if you think Odell doesn't feel some type of way about you." Tiffany said.

"Yea, she's right. I see the way he
looks at you and is so protective over you. He loves you, girl."

"..Like a sister." I informed them.

"No, like someone who needs to be where Taylor is." Tiffany said putting her box down and looking into my eyes.

"I see it in both of you. Its something between you two that keeps trying to come through. I don't know what it is and it's none of my business but I just know..."

"So I shouldn't go with James?" I asked confused.

"You should go, but take things slow. If Odell really feels the way I think he feels about you then seeing you with James will definitely make him speak up." Tiffany said.

"But don't lead James on. Let him know don't want a relationship with him right now..." Lauren threw in.
___________________________

Odell was suppose to come home today from California. I missed him a lot and couldn't wait to see that sexy face of his.

I heard the front open and bolted out of my room to greet him. Except it wasn't him.

"..Oh, it's you." I said sucking my teeth.

"Yes, it will always be me." She said smirking. I just mugged her. Shes really about to make me call Tiffany cousin.

I sighed and went into the living room to was tv. As soon as I turned the tv on she had something to say.

"Can you go back in your dungeon, Odell and I are going to be in here having movie night tonight."

Don't kill her. You don't need a murder charge. Prison is not cute.

"When Odell comes I will leave, ok Taylor?" I said trying to hide my 'bitch I'm about to stab you' tone of voice.

She just rolled her eyes and walked into his bedroom.

Honestly, I was jealous. I wanted it to be me he was having movie night with and me going into his bedroom.

I was cut out of my thoughts by the front door opening. He had a mass of balloons and gifts. He waved and put his hand up for me to be quiet.

He walked into his bedroom and all I heard was squeals and 'Baby, I love you's and 'Baby, I miss you's.

I felt my eyes watering so I went to my room. Why am I crying? Why does it hurt so bad? Why can't I just be happy that he's in love? I can't be happy that he's in love because he's not in love with me.