1|See You Again

A fresh start. A new chapter in life is waiting  to be written. New questions to be asked, embraced, and loved. Answers to be discovered and then lived in this transformative year of delight and self-discovery." -  Sarah Ban Breathnach

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠 : 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 - 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞𝐬

••

Fuck my life

I know what you may be thinking, it's not that kind of distain. It's the kind that has to do with leaving your friends and life behind for a brand new one.  When I thought we were finally going to live  here, my mom had to tell me we were moving all over again. The unending cycle of relocation.  Why couldn't we ever  be stable in one place ? They aren't broke, we had  practically everything and more. Dad doesn't even work for anyone, he owns his empire. And mom? Well, I am happy she has a successful career as a renowned lawyer and fashion designer, I only wished  we could have  lived  here. I had gotten used to being  here, leaving my friends and everyone behind was sickening. I had really thought this was it - no more moving to different places, I was wrong apparently. We had to move again.

I was heartbroken seeing Jamie, Ashley, Margarita, Chris and the rest of our classmates for the last time, I decided to skip today since we would be living tomorrow. I felt as though a thousand daggers were being pushed into my chest. I hated the constant movements, I didn't like it and I would never like it. It sucked.

"Hailey,  I know this is all tough on you to handle, but you're going to be fine" my mom who  sat  on the edge of my bed said.

Maybe I  could yell and scream at her and throw tantrums. Even if I did, what use would that be? They've already made their decision. Whatever I did was futile.

"You don't understand how I feel Mom. We've moved to four places in the last six months. I haven't had a stable and normal life. I just wished we would stop moving" I sighed in defeat.

"You're finally going to have that, we are done juggling between places. This is the last and final destination-"I chipped in not waiting for her to finish.

"You serious? This isn't a joke,right Mom?"I cut in.

"No, amor. Your father and I decided it was best for you to have the normal life you always wanted"I may sound desperate, but this was the best news I've heard. Despite the churning knots in my stomach about leaving all my friends behind, it gave me joy to finally get settled and not think about abandoning everything again.

"Thank you mom, I love you both so much"she closed the hug.

With a new found enchantment, I started packing up before tomorrow. My parents were unusually prompt especially my father. I wondered how they managed to do it, yeah yeah, I know the answer was obvious. My father has always been keen on  being one step ahead, getting the work done on time, not missing details and so on. It wasn't a surprise they found each other. Birds of a feather, flock together.