2|New Destinations

"You may feel like home is the anchor in your storm, but leaving may well save you from drowning."

Chapter Theme Song: Wiz khalifa ft. Chalie Puth - See You Again

 Chalie Puth - See You Again

••

The almost kiss which was interrupted by Dad's honking ended in just a hug. I wasn't complaining either, I've always wanted my first kiss to be special. And with that special someone. It had to be perfect, I needed to be completely certain he was the one. Don't get me wrong, I like Jared. I really do, I wasn't completely certain about how everything would turn out. He'll be going into college, and I'm only in  junior year of high school, there are going to be tons of beautiful girls at his College. He's the ideal guy a lot of girls wanted, many college girls would certainly throw themselves at him. I'm only protecting my fragile heart.

I'm only being careful - I don't want to get burned. And we've  both decided on taking it  one step at a time. Let's see how it goes, if it's meant to happen : great. If it doesn't : we will simply  remain  just  friends.

I woke up earlier than my normal time since  I couldn't sleep. It happens to me whenever we'd to move, I had less sleep. This time round, it was different. I looked forward to seeing how our new home was going to be and how my new school would be. I hope I don't regret it. I can't wait to see where my parents found each other, and maybe history could repeat itself. Fingers crossed on that.

"Hey, you're up early. What's up?" My Nana walked into my room.

"I'm not going with you"it took me off, I needed to know her reasons.

"Why?"it came out louder than intended to.

"I have to stay behind to take care of my ailing husband" and now I was ashamed thinking it was because of me. Such selfconceitedness.

"I'm sorry. Will he be alright?"I put an  arm over her shoulder.

"I hope so. Don't worry about me, you should be happy. Riverfront is a beautiful place, make sure to create  beautiful memories while you can. I will see you when things get stable"

"For you, I will Nana" I had known her for the  sixteen years of my life, though I couldn't remember vivid my infant  days, she has been working for my parents before mom birthed me. I can confidently say, she's the most loyal and trusted employee  we've had.

Once I was left  alone, I went into the bathroom to have  my bath and  get  myself ready before dragging the rest of my belongings downstairs. My luggage had already  been carried out and packed away in the booth of our vehicle.

I decided  putting on  a  grey leggings, a short  black sleeved bodycon top, pair of Nike air max sneakers, and a grey cardigan. I liked to keep safe whenever we were up  in the air. I heard from Mom, Dad was going to meet us at the airport. We were going by Dad's private jet - being the only daughter to Business Mogul Abraham McAdams had its perks. I wasn't complaining though, I loved traveling in it, with the luxury and comfort it came with. It's  a forever  soft life nothing less,  and that's on periodic table.