21|Melodies Of Longing

"I used to think I will never fall in love. And then you showed me that you could be everything I want " - Tatiana Manaois

Chapter Theme Song : You mean to tell me - Tatiana Manaois

••

The morning sun barely filters through my blinds, but the flutter in my chest is enough to banish any trace of sleep. Today isn't just any day; it's the day I'll see Mr. Torres again. Each second ticks by with the weight of anticipation, and I can't shake the mix of excitement and nerves tangling in my stomach. As I get ready, I practice the smile I'll give him, wondering if today will be the day he sees me as more than just another student in his class.

Like that would ever happen, between him and his pants, I don't know which one's tighter. He'd rather be dead than go against his principles - not surprising he's never been involved in a scandal. Which makes the attraction for him deepen - I am loosing my mind.

Few weeks ago, I'd never imagined being in this dilemma I find myself in. Slowly, I was loosing myself in him, that isn't me. You are further than that, Hailey, all the walls and barriers you built. You can't let it tumble down - most especially, without knowing where you stand. I am going to school today and try to avoid uncomfortable situations involving him - I'll avoid running into him.

I grab my backpack, double-checking that I have all my books and assignments neatly organized. The hallways of the school seem to stretch endlessly before me as I make my way to my first class, in step with Chase. Thoughts of Mr. Torres fill my mind, his warm smile and the way his eyes light up when he talks about physics. I can't help but feel a rush of butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

As we step into the classroom, my heart skips a beat. There he is, standing at the front of the room, flipping through papers. His presence commands attention, and I can't help but feel a mix of excitement and anxiety. Will he notice me today? Will he see the way my heart races whenever he's near?

I take my seat, trying to focus on the lesson, but my mind keeps drifting back to the possibility of a connection. The minutes tick by slowly, each passing second bringing me back to my racing thoughts despite how hard I tried to concentrate on the lesson.

The bell rings, signaling the end of the class. As I gather my things and prepare to leave, I catch a glimpse of Mr. Torres looking in my direction. Our eyes meet for a brief moment, and a surge of hope fills my chest. Could it be that he feels the same way? He was just being professional, no need overthinking things.

"You look like you've seen a ghost" Chase noticed. I bet he would.

"Just not in a good mood"