9| When Did I Say I Hated You?

"You Distract Me,But I'm distracted Without You" - Tatiana Manaois

Chapter Theme Song: Helplessly (Tatiana Manaois)

••

Annoyed & Pissed.

Wished I could completely describe how I felt after the events of yesterday. Whatever got into me to allow myself in that situation, I didn't fathom. One thing I was sure of was; I will never find myself in the situation I found myself in again.

At least I did well to go through dinner last night without showing any signs of discomfort. I kept my head down most times just listening to the older men talk about nothing - but business.

This morning I got up in torrential mood - Jared had left already and I was going to miss him terribly. Can't wait for him to move here for college. On the other hand, there was school and Physics class today. Am I not lucky?

I got ready for school, and was happy when I got a text from Chase about picking up my coffee at the coffee shop. He's a lifesaver, what would I have done without him? I pulled up my seatbelts and drove straight to school. Please be good today. Let me have reasons of believing in the universe working in my favor. No awkwardness, no embarrassing situations and no Amelia Earhart superwoman.

"My love, howdy?" If it isn't Chase, turning to face him I collapsed into his welcoming clutch.

"I know you missed me" I inhaled his cologne.

"And why are you smelling all magnificent? You finally confessed your feelings?" Hitting his shoulder with mine.

"I don't have to smell good for no one. Plus, I'm over Christine" okay now, we do have a lot of catching up to do.

"We'll speak more after school. Thanks for the coffee by the way, you're a sweetheart "

"Ofcourse baby. Anything for you, pookie bear"

"And where could Jade be? "I looked around for any sign of her but none.

We'd to head to homeroom class, she will eventually show up. Jade will always show up, no matter how late she gets. Except today I was wrong, as we finished homeroom class and were on our way to physics class, we came face to face with Stanley.

"Hailey, before you say anything, I want you to know I'm truly sorry about Friday night. I tried getting your contact from Jade, but she wouldn't badge "

"It's okay, Stanley. I understand you weren't in the right frame "

"Thanks. I meant the part I said, I like you"

"Stanley. You're a great guy, and you'll find someone eventually. I appreciate your honesty though" he looked disturbed and pained.

"Have you seen Jade around?" Switching the topic.