6|I Wanna Be Yours

"There are two tragedies in life. One is not to get your heart's desire. The other is to get it."

Chapter Theme Song: I Wanna Be Yours - Arctic Monkeys

••

Screwed.

We stood still waiting for the big reveal, for Mom to walk in any second. I'd no idea what I was going to say to her, unlike, Jared who much rather to my dishelmed self looked confident. I didn't ask him anything simply because of the situation we were in.

''Hailey, did your friend arrive yet? Jared called to ask if you were home'' To think I didn't see this coming, to being shocked twice this evening, I'd no words.

I still managed to come up with a response; ''Yes, he did. I mean he's here if you want to see him'' I don't understand why I offered, guess everything was too immediate to wrap my head around it all.

''I have a few case files to look at, I'll see him another time. Feel at home, Jared'' Glad she couldn't see how relieved I was.

''Thank you, Mrs. McAdams'''

''I'm not speaking to you. You could've said something but you rather chose to be unrailed'' walking away from him and making myself comfortable on the bed.

''I know I should've said something, I wanted to see how you'd react. And it was quiet amusing watching you struggle to breath when you thought your Mom didn't know'' he encircled his hands around me, snugging me into him.

I tried to act unaffected, but I couldn't keep up with the charade. I loosened myself into him, laying down cuddling as I had my face stroked. It felt comfortable and unnerving to be held by him, could get used to this.

''You still haven't told me why you're here''

Rubbing the back of my hand; ''My family is here for a few days as part of a family memorial, and I couldn't see them come without me, so here I am''

''I'm happy you are, could you maybe be my date tomorrow night?''

''I would've loved to, but I can't'' My mood dampened hearing his response. He noticed and rubbed my arms.

''I was kidding. Of course I'll be by your side whenever you want''

''I'll sure as hell get you''

All the wandering and uncertainty I felt seemed to disappear with him beside me, I didn't know when he left because all I could remember from the night was falling into one of the most peaceful slumbers ever. It was the best nights I've had since moving here, who could've known a mere cuddling with the guy you liked would put you in a better mood and place.

I was happy getting ready for last day of classes for the week, I couldn't even be bothered about my worst nightmare. Styled my hair differently - curled it with the straightener to make it bouncy and edgy. I must be looking like a full bowl of red tomato sauce, yet I didn't care. Who knows how long I've waited to be this ecstatic about a guy I liked.