17|Pangs

"I'd be lying if I say I never really cared..." - Ella Mai ( Everything ) ft. John Legend

Chapter Theme Song : Everything (Ella Mai ft. John Legend)

 John Legend)

••

My morning routine began like any other day. With a groggy yawn, I dragged herself out of bed and shuffled towards the bathroom to freshen up. The warm water cascading from the showerhead washed away the remnants of sleep, invigorating my senses and preparing me for the day ahead. After a quick but refreshing shower, I wrapped myself in a fluffy towel and stepped out, my skin tingling with renewed energy.

With a towel wrapped around my hair, I made my way back to my room, the glass tiled floor cushioning my steps. Pulling open the closet door, I scanned the neatly organized rows of clothes until my eyes landed on my perfectly ironed school uniform. A crisp white blouse, vest, black tie, jacket, neatly pressed skirt, and polished shoes awaited me, a symbol of the routine that governed my mornings.

Slipping into my uniform with practiced ease, I took a moment to admire my reflection in the mirror. The familiar sight of myself in the school attire brought a sense of readiness and purpose. With my hair still damp, I quickly brushed it into place, tying it back into a neat ponytail.

Next came my backpack, sitting patiently by my bedside, ready to be filled with the day's essentials. I tucked my textbooks, notebooks, and pencil case into its spacious compartments, ensuring I was prepared for whatever challenges awaited at school.

With my uniform and backpack in tow, I made my way to the kitchen, where the aroma of breakfast greeted me. A quick bite to eat, a farewell to my parents, and I was out the door, ready to tackle the day ahead. As I stepped outside, the cool morning air greeted me, a gentle reminder of the new opportunities and adventures that awaited beyond the familiar confines of home.

As I pulled into the familiar parking lot of our school, a sense of routine settled over me. Finding my usual spot, I parked the car and gathered my belongings, ready to start another day of classes.

Glancing around, I spotted Chase, making his way towards me. A smile spread across my face as I waved to catch his attention, eager to walk to class together as we always did. With a quick exchange of greetings, we fell into step beside each other, the familiar rhythm of our friendship setting the tone for the day ahead. As we made our way towards the school building, the chatter of students and the anticipation of what lay ahead filled the air, reminding me that no matter how ordinary the day might seem, there was always the potential for something extraordinary to unfold.

Chase and I strolled into the classroom, greeted by the familiar sight of empty desks and echoing silence. We exchanged knowing looks, realizing we were the first two to arrive, as usual. With a sense of satisfaction, we claimed our seats, settling in for the day ahead.