12|Trouble In Paradise?

" I'm still learnin' how to change my state of mind " Tatiana Manaois

Chapter Theme Song: Changes ( Tatiana Manaois)

••

Congenital!

Mr Torres drove us home after calling some guy to the location. He let Chase know, the guy would bring it to the house. And since he wasn't leaving sooner,as it still rained incessantly. I wasn't going to allow him drive in this condition.

"Thank you ,Mr Torres" Chase acknowledged getting down and helping me with the door.

"You can come in if you don't mind, sir. Thanks once again" looking anywhere but at his eyes.

"Get warmed up, I'd have to pass out on the invitation. I have a lot of tests to grade" I wasn't disappointed, I understand we had a quiz today and he needed to finish working on them. I still did not quiet comprehend my sadden dampened mood, instead I took the lead into the house.

"Hollup, what was that about? And why's your face like that?" Why on this day did it have to be tonight of all days?

"I don't know what you're blabbing about" not giving anything away.

"Are you perhaps developing any form of likeness towards him?" Gosh no, I have a sad face and it's linked to him? Please, spare me.

"No Chase, I do not. And please stop it" it was getting irritating.

"Why are you all defensive? It's a mere question. Nothing too deep, baby girl" one of these days, I'll cut off one finger of his hand.

Leaving him in the living room to change from the semi dampened uniform, to seeing a video call request from Ashley. Wondering why she's calling me at this time, we usually texted on school nights. This must be urgent, if she's calling instead.

"Hey babe, what's up?" I greeted.

"I'm okay but only being hopeful - my only problem is ; will you be fine after the big news?" I was on my feet pacing all over. What could be serious to warrant this queries.

"I can't say it. Just check your phone, I sent you something" wasting no tempo, I opened our conversation and oh my fucking gosh. It was as though, a needle was pressed into my chest. I screamed so loud.

"A...rre you sure?" Hiccuping, struggling to ask.

"I never wanted to tell you, but it was because I heard he's coming over there. He completed his final grades earlier than everyone. I'm so sorry Hailey, I know how much you liked him" if anyone could do this, not my Jared. Fuck, it hurts. Why does it feel this painful?

"He told me she meant nothing to him, that she was always throwing herself. Was all that a lie too? God Ashley, it hurts"tears falling and staining my face.