it hurts most when theyre seen (Angst)

Requested by Sunnyz209

TW: this story contains self harm. it does contain him actually doing it, but you can just skip over that part (i'll say when it starts and ends)

Eric Cartman laid on the living room couch staring at the ceiling. He wasn't really doing anything, just lost in thought, thinking about various things. Mostly self conscious thoughts and how much he hated himself, though he would never admit it out loud.

Suddenly his emotions were too much for him, and he hated not being able to feel in control of himself. So he got up from the couch and walked upstairs to his room. He opened one of his drawers and moved some stuff around until he pulled out a small jewelry box that he stole from his mom. Just somewhere to keep the blades.

(It starts here)

He grabbed a utility blade out of the box and sat down on his bed, lifting up the sleeve of his sweater, revealing his arms which had a few scars. He brought the blade to his skin and began gliding the steel across his arm and creating lines of red which quickly created blobs of blood. He heard the doorbell ring a couple of times but ignored it. He made more slits, forgetting about everything around him and only focusing on his forearms being covered in red as blood slowly trickled down them.

(Ends here)

Then a loud knock was heard on his window, startling him. He gasped as he accidentally sunk the blade into his skin a little deeper than he had meant to. He quickly rushed to put the blade and box back, already knowing who was at the window. He didn't have time to clean his cuts (not that he usually did anyway) so he just pulled the sleeve of his sweater down.

He got up from his bed and opened the window, allowing his boyfriend into the room. Kyle frowned and climbed through, "what were you doing?"

"Nothing... just sitting here. Why?" Cartman asked, pretending to be clueless, but by the look on Kyles face he could tell he probably wouldn't be getting out of this one.

"Looked like you were doing something," Kyle responded. Cartman was about to speak again before Kyle grabbed his arm, causing Cartman to wince in pain and Kyle quickly letting go and shooting his boyfriend a concerned look, "your hands are shaking."

"No they're not."

"They are!" Kyle grabbed his hand this time and pulled it up to show Cartman. "See!"

Then Cartmans sleeve slid down a bit, just enough to reveal some of the fresh blood on his arm. Horror spread across Kyles face and Cartman attempted to pull his hand away but failed. Kyle grabbed his sleeve and pulled it down, revealing a bunch of bloodied cuts. He gasped and Cartman was able to pull away his arm and pull his sleeve back down.

"Eric... wh... why???"

Kyle looked into Cartmans eyes, but Cartman just avoided his gaze and his eyes began to water.

Kyle grabbed his hand and took him to the bathroom where he rinsed the blood off with water, "why would you do this..." he began to clean the wounds and continuously ask Eric why he would do such a thing (as well as explain the dangers of doing it). He bandaged up his arm then instantly pulled him into a hug, "I love you so much. Please, please please please don't do this EVER AGAIN. Please don't hurt yourself, please...." He continued to beg him to stop and also go on about how much he cared about him and how Cartman should talk to him if he's ever feeling sad or the need to cut again.

All Cartman did was sit their silently and listen to the desperate pleading.

The cuts on his arms were painful,
but Kyle seeing them had hurt even more.

Word count: 651