Feel Better (rewritten)

"You should come over," Stan's voice rang on the other side of the phone. His voice sounded worried and pitiful. "You, Kenny, and I can have a sleepover this weekend?"

"No," Kyle responded, his voice barely being louder than a whisper. "I'm fine." That was a lie.

"Dude you have to get out of your room," Stan begged, "please just talk to us at least. We're so worried and you just keep pushing us away!"

"There's no point," Kyle began to tear up for what felt like the one-hundredth time that day. "We're over now, I don't know what to do...it hurts."

"I know it hurts, but that's why you have to talk to us! You can't just bottle up your emotions like this. It's already been three days, please just come hang out with us or get some fresh air."

"No! I don't want to feel better... I love him. I love him so so much... there's no point in doing anything if he doesn't love me back."

"You guys aren't over! He just said he needed some time."

"You didn't hear him! I could hear it in his voice," Kyle choked out, "he's done."

"Fuck..." Stan sighed, defeated. He felt bad for his best friend and didn't know what to do about the situation. Suddenly his phone began ringing, a call from Kenny. "Look just... I'm sure when he comes back later he'll talk to you. But I got to go, please go outside or eat something at least."

Kyle said nothing. He just hung up the phone and continued his sob session. Stan groaned and quickly called back Kenny.

"Hey." Kenny's voice was heard from the other side of the phone.

"Hey, you got any news?"

"Cartman said he's almost back."

"Is he gonna talk to Kyle?"

"Yeah," Kenny explained. "Didn't say any more though."

"Shit...Kyle is so destroyed over this," Stan replied. "I don't think he realizes how in love Cartman is with him."

Kenny nods, "Mhmmm. Hopefully everything will be fine by tomorrow."

-

Kyle lay in his bed, the depressing aura of his room ruining his already terrible mood even more. He cried while hugging his pillow, he'd never felt such a pain in his heart. The one person he feels he can't live without probably wants to leave him forever. Even though it hurts to think about it, that's all that his mind seems to be able to do.

A knock is heard from the front door. Nobody else was home so Kyle had to get it. At first he attempted to just ignore it, but the knocking was repetitive and wouldn't stop. He groaned and wiped some of his tears using the sleeve of his hoodie. He got up and tried his best to stop crying and fix his hair a bit before opening the door. He still looked like a mess though. He went downstairs and towards the door, not having a clue who it could be and honestly not really caring enough to try and guess. He unlocked it and wrapped his palm around the handle, turning it without even bothering to look out the doorhole to see who was there. He opened it and gasped when he saw who it was. He couldn't help but burst into tears again.

"Kyle, I-"

"What are you doing here, Cartman?" He tried to sound upset, but instead he embarrassingly choked on his own words as tears streamed down his face.

"Kyle I'm so sorry. I... I just needed some time alone, you know I've been going through some stuff with school and my mom and... and I just needed some time to think about everything."

"You were going to break up with me!" Kyle cried.

"I wasn't-"

"Well you sure sounded like that's what you were going to do!"

"Kyle, I'm so sorry." Cartman sounded so sincere.

Kyle sniffled, "So you...aren't going to break up with me?"

"No, of course not!" Cartman walked through the doorway and hugged his boyfriend, "I could never live without you. I just needed some time to think, I'm sorry for worrying you."

Kyle hugged back and his tears slowly stopped flowing, "God, don't ever do that again! I thought we were done."

"I know... I'm so sorry,

And for a few moments they just stood there in each other's arms, and Kyle let out a sigh of relief that he didn't know he had been holding in.

744 words