Kwon Soonyoung: Meet Again, Once Again

Slit like eyes were fixed at 10:10 that thorned the whole shikdang (restaurant) in shredded pieces, his inflated nostrils snorting every single poignant memory that emerged from the amount of alcohol consumed by Kwon Soonyoung. It has been a long time since the man had heard from her, not mentioning that Soonyoung was not even aware about the person in interest's current whereabouts. 

Murmering a familiar melody that his friends had been forced to listen to for a couple of years now, the curly haired man slammed his shot glass filled with soju (Korean alcoholic beverage) on the table to get the drunken one's attention. 'Yah, yah, yah! Keumanhe (Stop it)! How is it possible that you are still stuck up on that little crush you had on Do, Do, Do...'

Soonyoung brightened up, the twinkle is his boba pearl orbs shined as soon as he heard the particular syllable from Jidae. Thinking about her eased his mind, yet the man's mood sunk down to the deepest parts of the ocean while he gritted the name through his teeth. 'Do Hana.'

The other friend named Jongho who exclaimed in fast acknowledgement clapped his hands together, producing a loud beat as if he got the spotlight of that night. 'Ah yes, Do Hana. Wow, this takes me back on a memory lane down to when we were all together in high school. Remember when you learned to play the piano only for her, practicing where every do was on the piano just to impress that girl? Never thought that the instrument would be your career of choice Hoshi.'

Everyone called him by that self-proclaimed nickname back in the days, but only Hana could bring out the sweetness when she pronounced it of her lips. Soonyoung was actually a musical talent with the ability to become a popstar in no time as his choreographer friends had mentioned repeatedly. 

The question was rather about the crucial decision that led his life further on. "Hoshi" had given up his dreams as he did not want to spill a single chance to meet Do Hana again.

Speaking of the girl, running is the only thing that Hana has been doing after high school, yet she always felt that her skills were not good enough. Seeing her fellow comrades going much ahead made her feel jealousy, envy and discouragement but that did not stop the grownup woman in becoming one of the most promising police officers on the squad. She was a detective with guts that one had never seen before. 

The only downside that people witnessed was the introverted part of her vivacious personality, reclusive particles made places for themselves while hiding her previous past completely away. Communication was the most difficult obstacle during cases, but most men on the force found it also highly attractive as well. 

Excluding her junior colleague who always bothered Hana during her marathon in the early mornings. 

Jaehyun set his hands on the sides of his waist while clearing his throat, basically telling his senior to lecture him. 'The people at the station told me to undertake everything I can. And if that is being said, I can do anything if you are by my side. Please Sunbae (Senior), teach me about your secrets because I am dying to know how you get the locations of those criminals so fast!'

Hana had honestly enough of her assigned team's ways of dealing with investigations. They are slow-witted, their insufficient work system is not something that functioned within Do Hana's perimeter. She could not stand those dimwits that lazily slung around, eating out their boogers while waiting for the patrol to catch a glimpse of a fugitive. 

Instead, Hana would go outside herself while dragging Myung Jaehyun that would nowadays just follow along like an obedient labradoodle. The junior was sometimes a bit too full of himself so without even giving a heads up, Hana sprinted farther to continue her routine running spree after she rolled her eyeballs around from one last time.