95L (Seungcheol, Jeonghan & Joshua): Little Thing Part 3 (18+)

A paralyzing realization washed over me, my limbs feeling heavy as if they were anchored onto ground. Gruff thunders that sounded from the outside lingered around the gloomy atmosphere in the general hospital. On my right shoulder leant one devastated friend, who turned completely miserable when he heard this aggravating news as my dark brown eyes scanned around the area where the gentleman went. We eventually got ourselves together, slumping into the direction that Joshua had disappeared. Feeling a small push on my shoulder, Jeonghan nudged me to look where he was pointed at, staring in slight disbelieve at what I sighted. The gentleman caved in, perched down on the humble oaken pew where he prayed to his beloved God for the first time in his life with full will. His reddish-turned hands clenched together tightly in one fist as his faith had finally arisen, hoping that Jesus Christ would listen on the day He took birth on this gracious planet earth. Unstoppable tears wetted my blushed cheeks again, never having grieved this much for someone.

After what felt like hours of waiting with patience mixed with worry, the designated doctor who I directly recognized came towards the three of us. We got off the highly uncomfortable hospital seats at once, hoping for wonderful news that might had arrived. The doctor slightly beamed, which predicted just one specific outcome while I still stayed moderately confused. 'I have not seen a miracle like this in my entire career as a doctor. It looks like that this child is given a new life on the day that Maria gave birth. Merry Christmas to you all!'

Hearing this revelation had me engulf the guys in both of my arms, crying in glee as we won the biggest price ever given. I stepped out towards the one who saved the wonder baby as I shook his right hand earnestly. 'Thank you so much, Sir. I cannot thank you enough.'

I may or may not start believing in that there is something above the clouds. Why would we even be in this eye-opening situation right now if we were not acting so foolishly reckless? Wiping my dark brown eyes to make my vision brighter, the doctor threw a slight frown at us while giving a question which he should have asked much earlier. 'By the way, who is the father of this child?'

Our deep voices emerged together, synchronizing as the three of us spoke at the same time. 'Well, me.'

The doctor looked pretty astonished to see us so immersed in this fascinating moment, immediately leading us to the private room where the baby was sleeping peacefully. The rain had finally stopped pouring, only one ray of the bright moonlight shone on the incubator, letting her milky skin display even more like a soothing cream. My dark brown eyes squinted in reaction to the familiar hushes that I should have cherished. Squatting down on our knees, Jeonghan's voice cracked emotionally during his truthful confession. 'I am so sorry baby. I have called you such vicious words that I should have been the one punished for this, certainly not you. I promise that I will love you more than my own life.'

Softly and gently rubbing the unconscious child's left foot, Joshua took his turn to apologize for what he had sinned. 'I always thought of you as an obstacle, a burden and never saw the best of you. Yet I realized today that you are rather the gift of God.'

I failed to wipe my wetted cheeks clean, hovering over the baby while I pressed my lips on her soft forehead. Momentarily glancing at my best friends, I took an irrevocable vow which I was going to keep until the day I die. 'Whoever gave you birth does not matter anymore. From today on, you are our daughter. Our world. Our everything.'