OT13 (SVT): Bittersweet Part 8

Excuses are literal adversity.

There are certain situations where you must make them however. Even when it is not in your best interest. Shell-shocked, I was genuinely surprised that the other three members bought our absurd pretext without thinking twice.

The best-case scenario was told in supplemented sentences, going back and forth between me and the enigmatic man who worked along to a small degree.

In the forged experience that we had improvised on spot, the door to the storage room was locked and sealed for us to enter. The exclusive one with a key was stuck on another location, taking dubiously a half an hour to get to where we were which left us with no other choice but to wait.

If I were in my fellow classmate's position, I would have pretended to be the always curious Hwang Eunbi and ask why we did not walk back to them instead. Relieved by the unforeseen outcome, the tiger guy, Moon Junhui and my female best friend jointly decided to be empty-headed.

And yet, this was sadly not the most horrible thing that happened when we arrived concealingly disheveled at the study place. The college students had their seats moved collectively together in order to make their teamwork seemingly a better excuse.

Rationalizing, why did they have to leave the other two chairs empty which were completely put aside from them. Not wanting to raise anymore futile questions, I sat down with a bashful sigh prolonging underneath my breath.

The flesh below my lower eyelids perceived dry from all the crying. Trying to regain my self-control failed sooner or later, the wretched name kept swimming in the impetuous ocean of my subconsciousness. Crummy luck caused the trauma that arose from my doubts, feeling much more trapped in the anathematized agony.

My weak mind became impoverished, asking myself whether there was an end to this incalculable road which journey everyone around me had theorized to be finished. I do not even know anything anymore, all I need right now is a hand to hold me tight.

Raw fingertips ambled above the cold-shivering surface of my clenched fist as if someone had heard my deep muddled thoughts. My right hand unclasped in a dazed reflex, relocating the clammy palm onto his own steeled thigh while Wonwoo swiftly formed his grip from above.

Rubbing subtle circles on the knuckle beneath my little finger, the enchanting gesture made the anxiety wane in one simple stroke. I encountered the foxlike eyes behind the glass dyke, the concern and endearment were crystal clear in the invisible lights that shone on the two of us.

However, mysterious fear slumped across the lane of perception. The undefined message that Wonwoo was giving me, ambiguously sending no coherent information on his actual school of thought.

Every little thing that has happened this past month did not add up to the fact that I was still left moderately unanswered. And not only for the questions regarding how I ended up being involved in DIAMOND's practices.

Was I just a pawn in this deteriorated ploy, or was there something else going on in all their minds?

Associated questions sauntered around until the droopy-eyed man complained that we should not be lazy twits and search the articles that we could use for our project.

I flinched visibly at his mocking voice, tugging my right hand directly out of the enigmatic man's grasp. Wonwoo was surely not amused as I heard his dissatisfaction throughout a shadowy chuckle, eventually choosing to elaborate to Junhui's wishes.

Getting back to work went in hurdled mental obstacles, my trembling fingers unintentionally wandering towards my lips that still lingered from his soft touch. I felt a cold gaze on me in that moment, looking up as I met those dark orbs again which almost wanted to move closer.