Boo Seungkwan: Pit a Pat

A fresh start, also knows as another chance after wiping out old offenses or debts. My twentieth-second summer was going to be a trip to rehabilitation, just to cure all the sustained scars that I got from this college year and to forget all the fumbles at once. 

And if I did. 

Breaking up unworthy friendships, jealous relatives that kept on judging my life choices or even escaping one committed relationship with my one-and-off boyfriend. I had to get away from that busy life somehow, stuffing my overloaded luggage is how I got myself on the first plane to Malta International Airport

Without any certain plans whatsoever, nor a definitive place to pursue work yet, getting out of my Airbnb was the only thing I could do. The bus transportation was honestly horrible, not even speaking about how riding a taxi was not a decent option either. 

My sleepy legs gave up trying their hardest, until I found a promising job offer online. A parttime receptionist at the Golden Bay for Aquamarine Watersports, an organization with the slogan that they are the "home" to those sea activities. 

It literally sounded like a golden opportunity, wasting no time as I called them with the question if the post was still available. Luck must be in hanging in the air at that time, hiring me with one call interview.

Here I am in full presence, a whole month later and still no plans were made for school or life. 

This mesmerizing beach was the only aspect that needed to be a liability. Being genuinely honest, I fell deeply in love with these clear beautiful waters, the feeling of the fresh Mediterranean sea air hitting your face and cooling you down in one go got me luring for it more.

The work team was splendid too, most of them were also from other countries and in the same age range. There was one guy who really did ride on the same boat as me, Boo Seungkwan from South Korea. He had a rather sassy and impudent attitude that clashed with my vibe a lot. 

Our co-workers always felt delightful while seeing us in our umpteenth discussion about who the bigger Beyonce fan was. Or when we blamed each other for not checking if the backdoor was closed up because last night a couple of gears were stolen from the lockup. 

Standing in front of our supervisor was frightening itself, preparing for the lecture we would get in a minute or so. 'Who did not do their task yesterday? I surely told you all to close up.'

Seungkwan and I met eye, rolling them at the same rhythm as if we rehearsed this dance. We had to come up with a better excuse than discussing who knew the adlibs to SHINee's Everybody more correctly. I had myself dived into K-pop knowledge years prior, but this smartass suggested that I could not compare to a native of that country unlike him. 

Simple quarreling got us into this major problem, which costs a fortunate for the company. I shyly turned my gaze away from the outraged man, whose hands and eyes turned redder in anger. 

Shutting my eyes tightly, they opened at instant as I heard the guy next to me confess openly. 'It was me, Brian. You can fire me for whatever it takes.'

This guy got some nerves, doesn't he? My view diverted straight to Seungkwan who felt no remorse while he shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. The reality hit me in the brains, could it be that he was only doing this revelation to appear cool?