Xu Minghao: Fine Amber

That last bite, the last mouthful of food that the girl took in this hazardous household. Lin had never felt unfettered freedom. 

Whenever she had to go outside, one of her father's dogs tended to tag along. She sensed under an obligation, long miserable, enkindling a miracle is what the young student truly hoped for. The crimson Beijing-style qipao suited her innocuous and graceful aura. 

Royalty, nobility and several politicians were in a line to marry the daughter of the most feared man of the town. Teeth nibbled the inside of her cheek, waiting anticipatingly for the blood to flow out as a cause of this action. 

A violent clenched fist was put on the surface, trembling the dinner table at once as the owner of this hand had solemnly referred this lecture to his only heir. 'Wang Lin, are you listening to my words? Please say something! You only have been a disgrace to this family and the whole Triad. As the leader, I must live by the rules set up by our ancestors, and as you are my daughter so shall you.'

Lin could snort at her strict parent's reasoning, but the unshed tears threatening to come out of her eye corners stopped her from contemplating. Her lips were chapped, dry from the upcoming jittery as she tried to reach out for the heart that aged glacial. 'Bàba, you do not even know him. He is...'

The Triad leader believed his own morals, interrupting his daughter by scoffing his disapproval. 'I know enough Lin. He is an outsider. A thug. Moreover, our biggest threat in the underworld. Your lineage is going to be in huge trouble if you continue to act this recklessly.'

Call her daring or naive, but Wang Lin had no choice to fall in love with Xu Minghao who was better known as Eight on the crooked streets. 

The pure innocence was written in her amber eyes as she walked on the path to her high school on a regular day. Nothing out of ordinary was spotted, until Lin had seen a fragile puppy moving on the busy road. 

Her perplexed legs made a run for it, holding the tiny in her slender arms while she prepared to get hit by the truck that was coming at her. However, she felt herself shifting rapidly while a strong hold was engulfed around her. 

A complaining sound entered her hearing, making her feel even more regretful. 'Are you out of your freaking mind?! Do you want to get yourself killed?'

The amber irises filled with subtle water streaks peeked up, seeing a pair of concerned yet judging eyes. Those orbs, they were obsidian which pierced right through her feeble bubble. And without a second thought, the cacao brown haired guy let her quivering body go loose at instant after she did not utter a single letter. 

Muttering something insulting underneath his breath, the guy straightened up while dusking his clothes off from any flaw. 'Why do these dimwitted high schoolers even walk around our neighborhoods? Are they aware of who is ruling the streets here?'

She wanted to stay reticent yet her in gnarled roots came right out of her mind, empowered on what Lin wanted to convey to her ungrateful savior. 'You know, I am not deaf.'

The hairlocks that encircled his face were on the longer side, styled to the front in a comma while he adjusted his brown leather jacket to make him seem increasingly narcissistic. 'Oh, so you can talk. I never said you were, flower. Do you even know who I am?'