OT13 (SVT): Bittersweet Part 6

My house was the solitary place that I sincerely loved. I have had many ostensibly homes before, yet to carry those wondrous roots and to decide where you want to grow them seems much more difficult.

Reliable choices were inconspicuous, this friendly neighborhood was brought up first by Seo Inguk who insisted that this would be the only fair option. And believing him made me the invincible winner.

The one-bedroom appartement was compact, solemnly measured till each single meter and everything was exactly for one person. The singular electric toothbrush, sets of utensils and crockery which was just enough for two people to eat and above of all, it made me feel exactly what it was supposed to do.

Enrapturement.

I was happy to eat breakfast with my beloved Ahjussi again, but the droopiness on my face was not hiding the current mood that hijacked my mind at all.

Hearing a sorrowful sigh from the wooden seat in front of me, I woke up from my constant daydreaming and fatigue. 'Kkoma-yah, are you going to tell me what happened at that wedding last Saturday? I have not heard anything so that makes me suspect the worst.'

The dynamic boss loved spilling every moment of my life to Ahjussi, which came with the continuation of talks about my safety and wellbeing. Truthfully speaking, I appreciated the kind effort but worrying the elder about this matter is not something we should consider stable anymore.

Someday, Ahjussi will fall in a cave of poignant.

I poked my silvery chopstick into the leftover beansprout, mumbling a hesitant message. 'I do not know what Seo Inguk has told you, but I am pretty sure that this is not worth telling.'

My mind drifted into retentive memories of the celebratory reception that occurred a couple of days ago, shivers taking over my body as I could still hear that deep voice in the crook of my neck. And not to even begin about the handsome tall groom who apparently knew of my existence from God knows where.

Ahjussi took a note to reassure me from withholding a burden, wanting to speak with direct eye contact which I childishly avoided. 'Everything deserves a chance to be told. And that is why I am here to listen.'

Surely kind from the elder and yet I wanted to dive into another theme for this early morning talk. Taking a single grain of white rice between my metal chopsticks, I poked the tip of the tongue inside my cheek while I peeked up. 'Ahjussi, can I ask you something?'

The elder spooned his cup full of another batch of Kimchi Jjigae, nudging me to go forward with my query. Fair and square, I had been wanting to ask this rhetorical question for years now. 'How come you have never gotten married?'

Worse case scenario would be Ahjussi getting a severe heart attack, the loud groan came in an identical form of a taunting lecture as it made my clawed-up bun looser in one swift of a flinch. 'Yah!'

My lips pouted while I adjusted my messy hairdo, feeling slightly sorry that I intentionally had addressed such a sensitive topic.

Ahjussi met the innocent gleam in my dark brown eyes, breathing out heavily before he let his eating spoon down. Just like that, the elder began staring towards something or in reality, just an empty random spot in the homely space. 'There was this one woman...'

The inner sucker for romantic tales came right out of myself, stopping him with an energetic squeak while I threw my silvery chopsticks onto the dinner table with a clang. 'Oh my god, I cannot believe that you even got a story Ahjussi. Tell me!'

Excitement was definitely evident on my body language, sitting literally on the edge of my seat as I cupped my face with anticipation. Ahjussi could only grin at my behavior, setting his utensils away for the wordsmith portrayal. 'You are getting jumpy way too soon Kkoma-yah.'